General Category > FSDT Promotions

GSX Level 2 expansion announced:SODE jetways and animated passengers everywhere

<< < (7/21) > >>

twincessna340a:

--- Quote from: virtuali on June 11, 2018, 03:27:10 pm ---- On an default airport with default jetways, there's nothing you must do: just install, and you'll immediately have better looking SODE jetways, which you CAN customize, if you want, but you don't have to.

--- End quote ---

Does this include default airports modified with programs like ADE that still use the default jetways?

I have 2 scenarios:
Most of my modified airports exist as AFCAD BGLs in the Addon Scenery area
However I have a few airports where the AFCAD BGL is in a separate distinct scenery area

I'm using P3D v4 and use the proper XML method with the files located outside of the P3D root folder.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: twincessna340a on June 13, 2018, 07:07:29 am ---Does this include default airports modified with programs like ADE that still use the default jetways?
--- End quote ---

Yes, they are not any different than default airports, just with a different layout.

When installing, we disable the default jetway library object (just like we disable the default pushback truck in the same way), and replace them with SODE jetways automatically. You will still see the jetway in ADE, but it won't be controlled by the AFCAD anymore: from that point on, it would be a SODE/GSX jetway that can be customized/moved/rotated with the GSX editor.

The location where you place your sceneries doesn't matter, and there will be no need for an exclude .BGL in that case, since in case of the default jetway model, it won't be visible anymore, so there's no need for an exclude file.

Exclude files will only be created for 3rd party airports with jetways animated with the default system, but with a custom model, so we don't replace them automatically and we don't disable their model but, instead, we'll create an exclude .BGL file.

Loc:
Looking forward to this new GSX level2. I have one question: in some airports the passengers doesn't go from bus to plane, but goes from airport straight to the airplane stairs. Will it be simulated?

Diuhh:
Great stuff. I have two questions:

Power and air condition units: will GSX ground crew be able to handle and connect GPU and the air condition unit on the plane itself? Are the cables visible? That would be an amazing feature for sure!

Passengers: I know it is only a first preview. However, the boarding process looks a bit unrealistic. The bus doors open and the first passengers slowly disembark followed by more passengers. Normally you would see a bit crowd disembarking the bus as soon as the door open. Then people usually stand on stairs wait till they can go inside the plane. Do you find some limitations here (for example only a limited amount of passengers can be shown at a time)?

Thanks for your appreciated feedback.

Greetings,
Diuhh

kihew:
Is there a video (or photo, even) preview of the passengers boarding available or only what was shown at the expo?

Disregard - just found it at pcflight.net!

Wow, double wow. For a pre-beta preview it already looks fantastic. What jumped out as best was that there was little feeling of repetition and the fluidity of it all. As suggestions for improvement from my first thoughts: the people models need hand or should bags, and there's a lady that looks like she's dancing - too easy to single her out which we will then do every single time ("look, there's dancing lady again"), they'd need to be as uncharacteristic as possible :).

I've been specially happy with the GSX improvements for those that, like me, only fly cargo ops but visible passengers is kind of a "holy grail" in fs world, to me. Well done!

Alex

--- Quote from: Diuhh on June 13, 2018, 09:40:02 am ---Great stuff. I have two questions:

Power and air condition units: will GSX ground crew be able to handle and connect GPU and the air condition unit on the plane itself? Are the cables visible? That would be an amazing feature for sure!

Passengers: I know it is only a first preview. However, the boarding process looks a bit unrealistic. The bus doors open and the first passengers slowly disembark followed by more passengers. Normally you would see a bit crowd disembarking the bus as soon as the door open. Then people usually stand on stairs wait till they can go inside the plane. Do you find some limitations here (for example only a limited amount of passengers can be shown at a time)?

Thanks for your appreciated feedback.

Greetings,
Diuhh

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version