General Category > FSDT Promotions

GSX Level 2 expansion announced:SODE jetways and animated passengers everywhere

<< < (3/21) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote from: ebattle on June 11, 2018, 02:58:04 am ---It’s be great to always have an option for the carrier I’m flying with to service the aircraft, I understand that may mean having to download extra Airlines handler textures after the fact. In my opinion that would actually be great! No more United servicing my Southwest jet?! Please??
--- End quote ---

This issue has been discussed so many times in the forum: it would be wrong and unrealistic if the airplane airline code would drive the choice of the ground operator, because it never happens that a ground crew for your own airline would appear everywhere, especially when flying internationally: it would be silly if you flew a Southwest plan in, let's say, Mexico or Canada (or Europe), and getting Southwest crew there so, by default, the airplane airline code only affect the livery of the ULD pallets.

HOWEVER, the "Virtual Airline override" option, explained at Page 26 of the manual, will allow you to do just that: always use your preferred ground crew, regardless of the location.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: DoverEightMike on June 10, 2018, 08:03:39 pm ---Will it be possible to demo the Level 2 expansion if you already have the purchased, full version of the current GSX installed?
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course. If you have the full GSX installed, but the expansion in Trial, the new custom jetways won't operate and passengers won't appear if you are outside of the Trial airports or FSDT airports, but the rest of GSX will work as usual.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: L-1011 on June 10, 2018, 09:28:38 pm ---sure and I suppose that we have to pay for the expantion if we want it
--- End quote ---

Yes and, in fact, the last line of my post discussed about a possible price so yes, it is a paid expansion.

That's why your "any discount for present GSX holder?" question was a bit puzzling: you MUST be a GSX owner in order to use it so, either call it "expansion price" or "discount for present GSX users", it doesn't really makes any difference, since all users will have to be existing GSX users, that's what "expansion" means.

Just to be more clear: the base GSX product is not going anywhere. We are not releasing a new GSX, only an addon module for it.

VHHHflyer:
Great job! I love SODE jetways and look forward to this expansion.

Hnla:
So airports with SODE jetways already will not be touched? Or will we have to customize the jetways at all of our favorite airports?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version