Author Topic: GSX Issues Noticed Today  (Read 2673 times)

7heAngryVe7eran

• TruNorth Air
GSX Issues Noticed Today
« on: May 29, 2018, 04:40:25 pm »
Hello.

Now that I am getting into setting up GSX for heavier aircraft, I've noticed some issues.

1. Sometimes the rear cargo pallet loader doesn't appear. Instead, it sends a baggage carrier to the door.

2. Anytime I try to set up stairs (PAX2 and PAX3) between the fwd and aft doors (PAX1 and PAX4) the stairs will sometimes go higher than I set them to be.

3. Sometimes the pushback vehicle won't move. I continue to get a message that it is doing so. Sometimes, restarting Couatl will resolve this issue for a short time, but it always resurfaces.

4. I noticed that the GSX file in the %appdata% 's aircraft folder seems to show different vertical coordinate information that what is displayed in the GSX configurator. All other information seems correct.

I've set up many aircraft accurately, including the Project Airbus A380, with no issues. Therefore, I'm confident that it's not something I'm doing wrong, but perhaps another file is conflicting with my configuration somehow. What's strange is that these issues are intermittent. However, I've tried many different airports and parking spots with the same results.

Notice the screenshots I've posted. Any assistance with this is appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:49:44 pm by JackRiordan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Issues Noticed Today
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »
1. Sometimes the rear cargo pallet loader doesn't appear. Instead, it sends a baggage carrier to the door.

Not possible to reply without checking your configuration file. In general, if you don't specify an ULD kind, the choice between luggage or cargo loaded will be made automatically, depending on the airplane door. If, instead, you specify "BELT", or an (or many) ULD kind/s, it will always respect your choice, provided the door's height is set correctly.

2. Anytime I try to set up stairs (PAX2 and PAX3) between the fwd and aft doors (PAX1 and PAX4) the stairs will sometimes go higher than I set them to be.

There's an inherent limitation that the front and middle stairs must have the same height, they are not really independent. We'll probably fix this in a future version but, right now, is not really a bug, but a design choice.

3. Sometimes the pushback vehicle won't move. I continue to get a message that it is doing so. Sometimes, restarting Couatl will resolve this issue for a short time, but it always resurfaces.

Please indicate the precise, reproducible conditions, when this happens.

4. I noticed that the GSX file in the %appdata% 's aircraft folder seems to show different vertical coordinate information that what is displayed in the GSX configurator. All other information seems correct.

This is entirely normal, because the GSX.CFG file always stores the heights from the airplane center of mass (so a configuration made in a certain weight, will be always valid when the weight is different), while the editor will show the height from ground.

7heAngryVe7eran

• TruNorth Air
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:47:28 pm »
This is the gsx file from the %appdata% folder...

[aircraft]
nosegear = 25.28
refueling = 0
iscargo = 0
trafficcones = 1
preferredexit =  0
wingrootpos = 3.62 2.74 -0.46
wingtippos = 27.88 -7.16 1.28
fuelpos = 13.32 -0.41 -0.27
waterpos = 0.00 0.00 -5.24
lavatorypos = 0.00 0.00 -5.24
engine1pos = -9.22 9.84 -2.61
engine2pos = 9.22 9.84 -2.61
engine3pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine4pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00

[exit1]
pos = -2.86 26.70 -0.01 9.00
code = (L:BB_LDoorPax1,bool)
name = Front Cargo Door

[exit2]
pos = -3.28 14.86 0.02 0.00
code = (L:BB_LDoorPax2,bool)
name = Middle Passenger Door

[exit3]
pos = -3.28 -3.18 0.02 0.00
code = (L:BB_LDoorPax3,bool)
name = Aft Exit

[exit4]
pos = -2.82 -18.34 0.27 -9.00
code = (L:BB_LDoorPax4,bool)
name = Rear Exit

[service1]
flip = 1
code = (L:BB_RDoorPax1,bool)
name = Front Service Door

[service2]
flip = 4
code = (L:BB_RDoorPax4,bool)
name = Rear Service Door

[cargo1]
pos = 1.68 22.96 -1.96 0.00
code = (L:BB_DoorCargoFwd,bool)
name = Front Cargo Door
uldcode = AKC,AKE,AKH,DPE,DPN,DQF,DZH

[cargo2]
pos = 1.70 -11.68 -1.95 4.00
code = (L:BB_DoorCargoAft,bool)
name = Rear Cargo Door
uldcode = AKC,AKE,AKH,DPE,DPN,DQF,DZH

[cargomain]
remove = 1

As you can see, the ULD has been specified for both doors.

The pushback issue is something that comes and goes. It happened today at SBGL at Ramp 22. I was using the payware SBGL from Tropical Sim and the BBS A330-302.

That would make sense that the middle stairs don't always work correctly. I can set them to be the same height for now. No worries.

BTW I am using P3Dv4 Professional.

I appreciate the assistance.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:34:13 am by JackRiordan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 09:15:42 am »
As you can see, the ULD has been specified for both doors.

The ULD will be used, but only if the door's height is equal or higher than the minimum height the ULD loader can reach (of course) and, in that case, it's the height from ground, so it's the actual height considering the airplane weight. This height is 1.92 mt. (real world spec, of course) so, if your door is lower than that in actual flight, the ULD loader won't be selected, regardless if you specified an ULD or not, so it will fall back to the belt loader, which can go down to 90 cm.