Author Topic: Fresh P3D V4.2 Installation - GSX Couatl Error **SOLVED**  (Read 2401 times)

jpfinch

Fresh P3D V4.2 Installation - GSX Couatl Error **SOLVED**
« on: May 28, 2018, 08:31:11 pm »
I'm not sure when it happened, but a recent Live Update of GSX seems to be causing a Couatl Script Error every time I startup Prepar3D v4.2.
I've had GSX running well for years, but suddenly it's become a problem.

I've checked the forums, and tried several things, such as un-installing and re-installing GSX (using the latest version 2.3.0.3), as well as loading
every possible Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017).

My last ditch effort was to go back to a fresh Windows 10 Pro Install running all the updates; and only install P3Dv 4.2 and GSX, and nothing more.
Still, the error is occurring.

I've attached a screen capture of the message, as well as the Couatl.err file.  Can someone confirm what the issue is?  Below is the error:

couatl v3.2 (build 3995)
panic log started on Mon May 28 14:18:23 2018

problem raised by addon Couatl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 473, in onAppStart
  File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\image\__init__.py", line 145, in <module>
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\__init__.py", line 239, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\window\__init__.py", line 1886, in <module>
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\__init__.py", line 208, in _create_shadow_window
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\window\win32\__init__.py", line 133, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\window\__init__.py", line 512, in __init__
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\canvas\base.py", line 159, in get_best_config
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\canvas\win32.py", line 34, in get_matching_configs
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\win32.py", line 29, in match
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\win32.py", line 73, in _get_pixel_format_descriptor_matching_configs
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000030
{}
Using aircraft data from aircraft.cfg file
User collision geometries reloaded
Changed AVATAR id (3)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:50:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fresh P3D V4.2 Installation - GSX Couatl Error
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:21:30 pm »
I cannot reproduce this and nobody else has reported it. And, since I just got a new PC today, I had the chance to install P3D and GSX on a freshly installed Windows 10 and, of course, no problems whatsoever.

The only thing I can say, since that's an error inside a Python graphic library, it MIGHT be related to video card drivers. Try downloading the latest drivers, and make a fresh install of them with all default settings.

jpfinch

Re: Fresh P3D V4.2 Installation - GSX Couatl Error
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:00:15 am »
Greatly appreciate the quick reply!  You provided the clue that I needed, which had something to do with the graphics card.
I couldn't tell what the Traceback was referring to, and if there was ANY indication that it was a graphics issue, I would've
immediately looked in that direction.  The only thing that I could grasp from that error log was some possibility that it
was an access rights issue to a directory possibly?

I ended up doing a clean install, and used the driver that Windows 10 provides, which is for an ATI Radeon RX480 Video Card.
That did the trick, as it works with no issues!

Once again, greatly appreciate both the quick reply, and the clue that it had to do with the graphics card.