Author Topic: Parking Isolated GSX  (Read 2422 times)

drego22

Parking Isolated GSX
« on: September 16, 2020, 03:35:34 pm »
Hello, I am having an issue with getting GSX service on LatinVfr KMSY. When I try to activate GSX its saying This parking is Isolated, how do I correct this issue? Thank you very much in advance! Cheers!

Andre
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Isolated GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:21:47 pm »
First, be sure GSX is reading the correct file for the airport. The GSX parking customization page will tell you the name of the AFCAD that is being used by GSX.

Assuming it is, GSX cannot operate if the parking is isolated, meaning it's not connected to anything because, if it's not connected to anything, it would be impossible for GSX to find a path for its vehicle to reach the parking ( and of course, AI won't use it too ).

You can try opening the scenery AFCAD and confirm with ADE if the parking is really unconnected ( either visually or using the "Fault Finder" tool ) and if it is, I suggest reporting the problem to the scenery developer.

drego22

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 10:45:41 pm »
Understand, will do and see what I can find out
Andre Chambers

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 02:29:24 am »
I have LatinVFR KMSY scenery, and I also have the Cartayna customizations for GSX.  Haven't encountered any GSX issues yet, but I'll note that Cartayna includes its own AFCAD file, ostensibly for better alignment of the AFCAD positions and the scenery markings.  Just want to suggest this as an option if your research into your AFCAD file shows that your parking position is disconnected from the defined paths on the airport in the AFCAD.

By the way, what parking position are you using?  Just in case it's only one position that is disconnected.

Best wishes,

Tim