Author Topic: GSX not in Addons menu  (Read 2343 times)

SainT

GSX not in Addons menu
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:41:55 am »
Hello!

I have a problem, after running FSDT Live Update, GSX is not showing up in the Addons menu and Shift+CTRL+F12 doesn't work either. I have already tried reinstalling GSX with antivirus off and excluding Addon Manager folder. I also reinstalled C++ redistributables.

Any help would be appreciated as I can't fly without GSX, it's essential to me!

SainT

Re: GSX not in Addons menu
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:17:03 pm »
I'd like to add that, I'm using the latest P3D v4.2 version. Also the latest Windows 10 update and latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1080.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 09:34:16 am »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

SainT

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 10:11:29 am »
I just said that I did all of those things... Quote from my original post: "I have already tried reinstalling GSX with antivirus off and excluding Addon Manager folder. I also reinstalled C++ redistributables." It did work couple days before and I didn't change anything between those flights. I have the same situation as this person: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17959.0.html

Anything else I could do? I really need GSX to work.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:53:16 pm by SainT »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:57:41 am »
I just said that I did all of those things...  else I could do? I really need GSX to work.

Then you must have not made some step, or made it in the wrong way, or not made it, otherwise the problem would have been fixed by now since, as I've said, the only possible reason why GSX wouldn't start, are either the antivirus or the missing VC++ libraries.

About the VC++ libraries, you might have to uninstall/reinstall ALL 6 versions of them, which are:

- The VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributables, both in x86 and x64 versions.

- The VC++ 2013 redistributables, both in x86 and x64 versions.

- The VC++ 2015 redistributables, both in x86 and x64 versions.

Try a Windows restart after reinstalling each library.