Author Topic: All FSDT products in trial mode and will not load **Solved**  (Read 1975 times)

jrsantos

Umberto,

I updated to P3D 4.2 and ran the live update.  All the FSDT products are in trial mode even after running the registry commands for the serial numbers.  GSX, COUATL menus do not show up.  Addon Manager shows up, and I even tried to activate everything with the serial numbers and it does nothing.  I even tried to enter an incorrect number to see, and it doesn't even give me an error stating it was incorrect.  What could the issue be?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:42:20 pm by jrsantos »

jrsantos

Re: All FSDT products in trial mode and will not load **Solved**
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:42:00 pm »
Ok, problem solved! With the most current windows 10 update, it retooled the "Run as Administrator" setting and removed a bunch of programs that are needed to be admin for P3D.  Including P3D itself, i checked and sure enough P3D was not being run as ADMIN.  Checked the box, and sure enough everything went back to normal. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All FSDT products in trial mode and will not load **Solved**
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:31:22 pm »
It shouldn't be necessary to run P3D as Administrator and, in fact, it's not how it's installed by default.

However, it's possible you might require to run P3D As Administrator, because your user account has limited permissions, or you created a new user account, one that was different from the one you originally installed P3D from, so the permissions are not matching the user.