Author Topic: P3DV4.2 Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE (SOLVED)  (Read 2398 times)

Chris2Fly

Hello,

I have just encountered a problem with GSX where it is displaying the following message:
 'Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 101 seconds'

This occurred after I installed Aerosofts Mallocara X scenery. I have tried uninstalling the scenery and reinstalling GSX however  this has not worked.

As far as I am aware I am using the most recent software.

I have attached the Coutal.log file.

I haven't a clue how to proceed now so any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:13:43 pm by Chris2Fly »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3DV4.2 Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:54:37 pm »
Your error log shows that something is blocking access to the GSX own cache folder:

got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv4\files.bin" (system:32), accessing "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv4\files.bin"

The offending program can possibly be the antivirus so, try to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning first.

If that doesn't work, try this:

- Reboot Windows

- REMOVE this folder "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv4", when the sim is NOT running

- Reinstall GSX

Chris2Fly

Re: P3DV4.2 Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 03:13:17 pm »
Success!  :D

Thanks for your help.

It appears that BitDefender was interfering with the folders. I have exuded the add on manager from scans and also removed all of the related folders from the Safe Files option.