Author Topic: Pushback final position  (Read 3497 times)

Kickthetyres

Pushback final position
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:44:29 am »
Dear Umberto,

When I do a puahback, most of the times, when the turn is completed the plane is usually pushed in straight line for quite long, I can see the “ground agent” stop walking while the plane is still pushed for quite long. In the final position the ground agent is many meters in front of the plane; I read it’s done in order to have the tug in straight line too.
Some updates ago I could overcome the problem by just pushing “stop pushback”, the pushback stopped in the same position I had just pressed the “stop pushback” option. Now when I do that instead of stopping, the plane continues going back per inertia. Is there a way to stop pushback in the position I am and in the mean time having the disconnection of the tug and release signal done? I suspect if instead I push “abort pushback “ everything disappears...

Best

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback final position
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 01:33:17 pm »
When I do a puahback, most of the times, when the turn is completed the plane is usually pushed in straight line for quite long

This is an improvement over previous versions, where the pushback stopped too soon, before the pushback truck had a chance to end up aligned so, we changed following users suggestions complaining about the pushback truck always being left at an angle, because the pushback stopped too soon.

Some updates ago I could overcome the problem by just pushing “stop pushback”, the pushback stopped in the same position I had just pressed the “stop pushback” option. Now when I do that instead of stopping, the plane continues going back per inertia.

This is an improvement, which we added following users suggestion the previous way to abort was too abrupt an unrealistic.

Kickthetyres

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:28:42 pm »
Well the issue is in some places it goes very close/beyond the ground (Eg stand 101 Limc)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 05:10:14 pm »
Well the issue is in some places it goes very close/beyond the ground (Eg stand 101 Limc)

Please clarify what do you mean with close or beyond the ground. You mean underground ?? You don't say which scenery are you using. Default or 3rd party ?

Kickthetyres

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 07:57:25 pm »
Thanks for your reply Umberto. I mean I’m very close to the edge, the main gear is very close to the grass.
The scenery is Aerosoft Malpensa, stand 101 and the plane is a320 flightsimlabs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 09:10:03 pm »
Thanks for your reply Umberto. I mean I’m very close to the edge, the main gear is very close to the grass.  The scenery is Aerosoft Malpensa, stand 101 and the plane is a320 flightsimlabs

GSX reads the taxiways from the scenery AFCAD so, if the scenery AFCAD doesn't match the background textures, GSX wouldn't know about it. It doesn't know where the grass is, it can only rely on the underlying AFCAD being accurate.

If you made a screenshot, it might be easier to understand the issue.

Kickthetyres

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 11:44:54 pm »
Hi Umberto, i attach two screenshots. I can appreciate this is a quite particular situation where the space is limited but:
The first one is when the ground agent stops walking, in previous versions it should be the moment where pushback finished. As you may see the aircraft is in good position well over the yellow line.
The second pic is when the pushback ends, as you can see the main gear is too close to the grass, and the tug has gone straight line quite much compared to the first position... What do you think? Cheers

Kickthetyres

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 11:46:52 pm »
Here the first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 10:05:56 am »
The problem is the Pushback ends on a curved taxiway on that particular place. But that's only the default pushback. GSX has the ability to customize the node used for pushback, so you can adjust these borderline cases.

See the explanation about the Custom Pushback feature, pages 29-30 in the GSX manual.

Kickthetyres

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 10:29:41 pm »
Thank you Umberto