Author Topic: Enable add-on "Fsdreamteam product" **SOLVED**  (Read 5160 times)

rverhallen

Enable add-on "Fsdreamteam product" **SOLVED**
« on: June 04, 2017, 09:08:05 pm »
I seem to have an interesting problem. After installing the new KCLT airport into my new P3Dv4 installation, the installer moved all my FS dreamteam products to a single location and installed all my Fsdreamteam products into P3Dv4. After reading the forums, this was normal and is the new way to install sceneries outside the sim.  However, eveytime I launch my p3d v4 program, I'm asked to Enable add-on for each fsdreamteam scenery  and the add on manager.  I expected this for the first launch after installing the sceneries, but not every time I start P3DV4. I also discovered that after the sceneries moved to there new location, my p3d v3 simulator program also now asks the same 'do you want to Enable add-on "fsdreamsteam XXXX" for each add on every time. so does my Fsx steam program.
Any ideas of how to fix this

Windows 10 pro creative addition

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:46:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Enable add-on "Fsdreamteam product"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:53:27 am »
You are not supposed to be asked to activate the scenery, not even the first time.

Our installer use a new P3D feature that allows installers to launch P3D from the command line (it won't launch the whole sim, of course, just this utility), to activate a scenery, so you won't have to reply to the question at start. Prepar3d.exe does this on its own, and it register the additions in the following file:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\Add-ons.cfg

The question to activate is made when P3D sees that you have an add-on subfolder in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons with an add-on.xml file inside, but your add-on is not listead in the add-ons.cfg in Programdata so, it assumes this might be a reinstall of the sim, so it's prompting you to activate.

This feature is called "Discovery", and it allows you to reactivate all your addons (those using this system) after a complete reinstall of the sim, without re-running their installer, provided their own folder is still there, and their configuration files in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons are still there. But it shouldn't have happened in your case, because our installer asks Prepar3d to activate the sceneries with no questions.

After you activate an add-on by replying to the question at start, they'll go into ANOTHER add-ons.cfg, one under %APPDATA% instead.

But in your case, it seems that even after replying Yes to the question, P3D wasn't able to activate the add-ons in the add-ons.cfg.cfg file under %APPDATA% too.

This looks strange because, while I might recognize a problem writing in %PROGRAMDATA% as being related to user accounts and permissions, you should never have any problems writing into %APPDATA%

I'd say there's a problem in your P3D installation: maybe you moved it manually without updating the registry ? This will cause all sort of problems, both to the sim and to all addons.

rverhallen

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:34:07 am »
Thank-you virtuali for giving a detailed description of what should happen. It is indeed strange. I did not move any files manually. I even tried unistalling my p3dv4 installation and reinstalling. I even tried uninstalling thru windows, all my fsdreamteam sceneries and downloaded all the latest installers and installed again. I still get asked to enable the sceneries every time. I should point out that once in the sim, all sceneries are activated and installed fine. I just get asked to enable on every launch.
All the add-on.eml are present in my documents folder under Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.
I have checked my add-ons.cfg in appdata and only have one entry showing the path to my documents.
the add-ons.cfg in program data has two entries. On for the Addon Manager, active is True and One for the SODE. But I still get asked to enable the Addon Manager as well when launching P3D.
I should not have permission issues, as I keep it at the lowest setting, but you gave me some ideas to try. I take it from your reply that the sceneries should be showing up in the program data - add-ons.cfg file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 02:49:40 pm »
I take it from your reply that the sceneries should be showing up in the program data - add-ons.cfg file?

Yes. Those enabled by an installer, which asks Prepar3d.exe to do the changes, will end up in the add-ons.cfg in the %PROGRAMDATA% folder, while those you enable after replying Yes the question to activate made by the sim,  will end up in the add-ons.cfg in the %APPDATA% folder,

JTaylor801

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 05:24:36 pm »

Hello,

As my issue is very similar to what has been posted in this older thread, I'm hoping it's OK to use it.  I'm experiencing the same issue described on a brand new (newly built) gaming machine running Windows 10 and P3D v4.2. 

I own about 15 FSDT products and I've installed all of them on the new system.  All are working fine with exception of KCLT and KMEM.  Both of these were installed exactly the same way the other dozen or so were installed, but these two prompt me each time to activate. 

KCLT and KMEM were not the first FSDT sceneries I installed and they also were not the last. Both appear to function without issue, but I would really like to resolve the constant activation pop-ups as I find them annoying. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Jerry
COO American Virtual Airlines
https://americanva.net/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 03:20:59 pm »
You don't say what happens if you accept to activate them. Do you see a success message ?

JTaylor801

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 03:24:41 pm »
The message goes away, but then repeats itself each and every time I start up P3D v4.2. 

JTaylor801

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 11:38:42 pm »
Even though it said Active and registered, I went ahead and deactivated it and then reactivated.  I think that fixed the KCLT issue.  I'll test KMEM later tonight.  

Update:  I tested with KMEM and deactivated it, then reactivated it and all is now working fine.  In looking back at my install notes, I installed KCLT and KMEM on the same day when I rebuilt my machine.  I'm guessing there was some issue in activating these two airports and caused them to behave in this manner.  But all my products are installed and working very well now.  Will be looking at picking up KSDF as that will complete my USA collection  of FSDT sceneries. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:35:22 pm by JTaylor801 »