Author Topic: GSX Keyboard Problem  (Read 2729 times)

Ursli80

GSX Keyboard Problem
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:48:06 pm »
Hi,

I have new problems with GSX.
 Although I can call the menu with the keyboard, daber then select nothing with the numeric keypad. I have to do it with the mouse.
What could this be?
I use:
Win 10
P3D v4.2
Prosim 2.05.2
Prosim Flightmodell

Best regards
Urs

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Keyboard Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 01:43:47 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

As explained so many times on the forum, what you are probably assuming to be the "GSX menu", it's NOT the GSX menu. It's the Simconnect menu, which is handled entirely by the sim, used by all 3rd party applications with a menu, and none of them has any control over it, or how the menu will respond to the keyboard.

The issue with the numpad problem, which has been discussed so many times on this forum, and on every other flight simulation forum (since it's doesn't affect just GSX, but each and every addon with a menu), it's a very well known P3D 4.2 bug, which result in the keyboard not being read correctly when ANY application with a menu is being used.

LM is fully aware of this P3D 4.2 bug, and will be fixed in the next update of the sim.

Ursli80

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:10:25 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thank you so much for your answer.

I'm sorry, I honestly did not look for it. Since I have been using P3D v4.2 since the release and it also worked in the beginning.
I had renewed the Chace before this problem and since then there is this problem.
But then we wait for the P3D update.

Thank you very much thanks.

Best regards
Urs

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

MSFS2020
Prosim737

ravemtech

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:25:29 am »
Hi FSDT,

I know you are tired of addressing the issue with ProSim, and so I am not asking you to answer this as this would be unfair.

But could I please ask if there are any uses of both GSX and ProSim out there who use Prosim737 and ProsimUtilities, if they have worked out how to adapt GSX to work through the CDU as ProsimUtilities is meant to be compatible.  I have been using GSX on PDMG and love it, but am very new to ProSim so am struggling to work it out, and I am really missing being able to use GSX.

If really basic language could be used rather than the usual computer jargon, as I am not very computer Savvy. Have posted on the ProSim Forums without any luck, so am hoping someone on these forums could give a simple answer on how to do it.

Thanks FSDT if you allow me to ask this here.  I really want to keep using GSX.
Anthony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:35:51 am »
Not sure if this has anything to do with Prosim or GSX, or Prosim and GSX together.

The subject of this thread was the very well known 4.2 menu selection bug, which affected every application with a menu in the same way, and it has been fixed by LM in 4.3.