Author Topic: since update extreme stutter in P3D v4.2 .....  (Read 5726 times)

koli

since update extreme stutter in P3D v4.2 .....
« on: May 08, 2018, 04:29:40 pm »
In this forum here are some threads with the same problem, but no solution for me!
Before GSX update (P3D internally unlimited frames, monitors fixed at 30Hz) P3D was super smooth at 30 fps.
Since the update P3D stutters with 12 fps!
If I uninstall GSX again everything works smooth with 30fps ....

P.S. when I install GSX and deaktivate the internet-connection (so that the updater can`t work) all ist perfekt!!!

my hardware and software:
kolinas.ddns.net/khc

Please help! Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:19:52 pm by koli »

Josearbol

Re: since update extreme stutter in P3D v4.2 .....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:23:51 pm »
Hello Koli,
May be is this a solution for you. I had the same problem (7 fps) after changing to P3D v.4.2

I got this solution from another forum.

Probably you have the last new driver for your GPU. Go to the previous driver. By me, this was the solution. Never more I had problems.

Joop.

koli

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 09:54:11 am »
"Go to the previous driver ..."

unfortunately no improvement ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:12:34 am »
It's not possible that GSX would *cause* stuttering.

We now have a feature to limit updates in GSX (which is optional), but if this is enabled, GSX should call the sim LESS frequently, opposite to the old versions, which were calling the sim at each frame, so they HAD the ability to possibly cause stuttering, especially in combination with other addons that do the same.

Which means:

- If you have the "Cap Simconnect updates" enabled (it's disabled by default), GSX will LIMIT itself to calling Simconnect no more than 30 times per second. This should REDUCE the risk of causing issues to the simulator.

- If you have the "Cap Simconnect updates" disabled, GSX will NOT limit itself, so it will connect to the sim at each frame, LIKE IT ALWAYS DID so, with this option disabled it's exactly the same as using the old version. This is the default.

Now, you said P3D stutters. Are you sure it's P3D that is stuttering and not, instead, the GSX vehicles themselves ( or the airplane during a Pushback ) ? Because, this would be a likely result IF you have the "Cap Simconnect updates" enabled (NOT default) AND you limited the fps: since GSX is limiting itself, IT (NOT the sim), will be less smooth, because this combination might cause missing some frames. In this situation, when GSX is pushing, you *think* the sim is stuttering, but only because the airplane is being moved by the GSX pushback truck, which might stutter itself.

However, this can only happen if you have the "Cap Simconnect updates" enabled (NOT default)

If you have the "Cap Simconnect updates" disabled (which is the default), GSX will work exactly like it always did, not limiting itself anymore so, IT will be as smooth as possible but, it can possibly cause issues to the sim IF your frame rate is very high. For example, if you had 60 fps, GSX would call the sim (for animations) at 60 fps, which would be a waste of resources, since all GSX animations are made at 30 fps, so it would be entirely useless to call the sim more frequently. THAT'S why we added that option to being with, but it was really useful only if your fps is much higher than 30 fps.

So, again:

- With the "Cap Simconnect updates" enabled (not default), GSX might be less smooth by itself (if your fps is lower than 30), but it will have LESS chance to cause issues to the sim

- With the "Cap Simconnect updates" disabled (default), GSX will be smoother, but it will have MORE chance to cause issues to the sim, but this is exactly like it always worked so, it's identical to having an older version, as far as updates are concerned.

koli

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:57:13 am »
first: I use the newest download GSX file from "Simmarket" and the Monitors are locked on 30 Hz.

"Cap Simconnect updates" are definitely disabled (unchecked).

After starting P3D without GSX updates (no further actions (pushing, ...)) I press shift + zz (frame rates are about 30 fps and the sim ist very smooth)
After installing the GSX update the frames in the same situation are 12 fps.

"Cap Simconnect updates" checked or unchecked - the same bad frames (and yes, I click after that to "save")

Delete the P3D shaders folder and restart the PC - no improvement

With each installation step I make an Acronis image, so that the result is reproducible.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:05:09 am by koli »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 11:05:45 am »
After installing the GSX update the frames in the same situation are 12 fps.

"Cap Simconnect updates" checked or unchecked - the same bad frames (and yes, I click after that to "save")

Have you restarted the sim after changing the option ? I think you will have to use the "Restart Couatl" at least, but restarting the sim is probably safer.

Also, when you say "no further actions (pushing, ...), does it mean the stuttering starts ONLY with Pushback ? If yes, than it's what I suspected and, as I've said:

In this situation, when GSX is pushing, you *think* the sim is stuttering, but only because the airplane is being moved by the GSX pushback truck, which might stutter itself.

Which is the expected result if you have the "Cap Simconnect updates" enabled with the monitor refresh locked. If you disable the option (which should be the default), be sure you restart the sim before trying it again.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:08:31 am by virtuali »

koli

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:22:33 pm »
unfortunately everything as before ....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 01:43:26 pm »
unfortunately everything as before ....

Please be sure you have the latest version of the software, otherwise (if you are stuck with the previous version), the "Cap Simconnect updates" option, although visible in the Addon Manager, will be ignored if Couatl.exe is not the current version which, as of today, is 3.2.0.3985, since both needs to be updated in order for the option to be used.

koli

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 02:13:59 pm »
yes, I have the newest installation file (from your website) ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 02:51:54 pm »
yes, I have the newest installation file (from your website) ...

The installation file doesn't matter.

As I've said, check if your Couatl.exe is the latest version ( 3.2.0.3985 ), because the installer will try to download it and, if (for example), your antivirus is blocking the download/update of it, you might still have the previous version, which doesn't recognize the "Cap Simconnect updates" option.

You haven't replied to one of my questions: when you say "no further actions (pushing, ...), does it mean the stuttering starts ONLY with Pushback ? If this is the case, then it's sure is the "Cap Simconnect updates" enabled OR you still have the previous version of the .exe, which always caps the updates without recognizing the option.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:54:15 pm by virtuali »

koli

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 03:00:50 pm »
yes my couatl.exe is version "3.2.0.3985" ....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 03:09:03 pm »
You still haven't replied to one of my questions: when you say "no further actions (pushing, ...), does it mean the stuttering starts ONLY with Pushback ?

koli

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
You still haven't replied to one of my questions: when you say "no further actions (pushing, ...), does it mean the stuttering starts ONLY with Pushback ?

no, it stutters without action.
I do nothing (no pusback or something else). If I look arround (or try to taxi), P3D stutters - but that expected with 12 fps .........

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 04:19:55 pm »
I do nothing (no pusback or something else). If I look arround (or try to taxi), P3D stutters - but that expected with 12 fps .........

I'm sorry but, a stuttering caused by GSX could only *theoretically* caused only when some animation is playing. When no action is taken, GSX is not doing much, other than waiting for you to press a key to call its menu.

Instead of uninstalling or reverting to a previous restore point, do only this:

- Disable the Addon Manager from the Options->Addons menu, and restart the sim.

koli

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 11:39:35 am »

I'm sorry but, a stuttering caused by GSX could only *theoretically* caused only when some animation is playing. When no action is taken, GSX is not doing much, other than waiting for you to press a key to call its menu.

Instead of uninstalling or reverting to a previous restore point, do only this:

- Disable the Addon Manager from the Options->Addons menu, and restart the sim.

"Disable the Addon Manager from the Options->Addons menu, and restart the sim."

then the complete GSX program does not work anymore (no GSX menu in P3D)

My workarround:
I install the latest version of GSX and install NO updates.

In the meantime many many thanks for your effort and your help!

Best regards,
Klaus