Author Topic: No GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl in menu **SOLVED**  (Read 3472 times)

ajcbakker

No GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl in menu **SOLVED**
« on: May 02, 2018, 04:17:25 pm »
Dear sir,

This afternoon I got the message in Prepar3D 4.0 that there was an update via the FSDT Live Update. Untill that moment everything was fine and GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl worked great. After shutting down Prepar3d 4.0 I started this update throught FSDT Live Update and afterwards I started again Prepar3D 4.0. From that moment on there was no GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl visible anymore in the add-on list. What has happened? I read something that Prepar3d 4.0 is not supported anymore? Than I have a big problem because of other addons which are not working under 4.1 and 4.2 I am obliged to use 4.0. Is there a possibility to reinstall an old version of GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl? Please help me because this is a very serious problem for me.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Alje Bakker
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:17:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl in menu
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 05:38:40 pm »
This afternoon I got the message in Prepar3D 4.0 that there was an update via the FSDT Live Update

See the update release notes:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

March 30th 2018

Note to P3D4.0 users: this update requires at least Prepar3D 4.1, it won't work on 4.0 due to different SDK used.

I read something that Prepar3d 4.0 is not supported anymore?

Exactly.

Than I have a big problem because of other addons which are not working under 4.1 and 4.2 I am obliged to use 4.0. Is there a possibility to reinstall an old version of GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl?

Then you should tell to those other addon developers, to update their products to support the current version of the sim, explaining that, because of GSX, you are obliged to use 4.1 at least. It's their fault if because of such addons, you are prevented to update.

Which addons, exactly ?

ajcbakker

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 05:49:22 pm »
Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply.
The addon which is preventing me to update from 4.0 is FScommander. This addon is not compatible with 4.1 and neither 4.2. So I have a challenge I think. Is there any method to return to the old version of GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl? I have made a complete backup very recent of all my FS stuff; could that be a possibility?
Please help me.

Kind regards,
Alje Bakker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 06:00:23 pm »
The addon which is preventing me to update from 4.0 is FScommander. This addon is not compatible with 4.1 and neither 4.2.

That's too bad so, since GSX it's only compatible with 4.1 and up, you should either stop using that addon, or GSX.

LM always suggest to users to download the latest version AND to developers to support the latest SDKs so, the one at fault here are the developers of that product, we are just following that LM recommends.

Again, why you don't just go on the FSC forum, saying the same thing you are saying here that, because of other addons (GSX), you are "obliged" to use 4.1 or 4.2, and ask THEM to provide with a version that support the CURRENT version of the sim ? P3D 4.1 has been released in October 2017 so, it's not they didn't had time to update...

ajcbakker

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 06:13:20 pm »
Thanks for your answer.
A lot of FSC users including me have asked the developers to make an update. Untill this moment with no result. The developers are "thinking about" an update but honestly I think that there will never be an update of FSC for Prepar3D 4.1 or 4.2. So as I told you before I have a challenge. Is a restore from a backup a possibility?
Kind regards,
Alje Bakker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 06:22:10 pm »
Is a restore from a backup a possibility?

You can try reinstalling using an older GSX installer with the network connection disabled, so the updater won't run at the end.

But it must be an installer that you downloaded before we posted the 4.1-only update (March 30th) because if you downloaded the GSX full installer after that date, even the files contained in it are 4.1-only so, disabling the network to prevent getting the latest ones won't work.

We don't have old installers around anymore, and we don't support doing this, because it's too much support effort for us supporting users, if we are not even sure they are using the latest version.  Of everything, both GSX AND the sim.

I'm sorry, but you really have to vote with your wallet here, and support developers that constantly update and support all the latest versions of any supported sim, rather than those "thinking about it".

ajcbakker

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »
Many thanks for your reply.
I have decided to do an upgrade to 4.2. We will drop FSC and are looking for a substitute.
After upgrading to 4.2 will GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl work again or do I need to perform additional actions?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Alje Bakker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 04:04:13 pm »
After upgrading to 4.2 will GSX, Addonmanager and Couatl work again or do I need to perform additional actions?

It will surely work, provided you don't have other issue we don't know of. But if you said it worked before, and it stopped working after the update, and you are still on P3D 4.0, that seems the only possible reason, and it's expected it doesn't work now.

ajcbakker

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 02:21:37 pm »
Many thanks for your reaction.
I performed the upgrade to 4.2 and everything works fine again.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Alje Bakker