Author Topic: GSX sound...but not what you think!  (Read 2063 times)

Logic007

GSX sound...but not what you think!
« on: May 02, 2018, 07:13:50 pm »
Hi everyone
First time post for me on the forum but I have gained some really good knowledge and tips from reading other posters on here over the years.
I've been a long time user of GSX initially in FSX but now I run in P3D v4.
The issue I have has been present in both FSX and P3D v4. It may not be specifically a GSX issue but im hoping someone else may have had this issue and fixed it previously.....
Ok so the sound issue I have is that I can use GSX in the sim when im live recording and all sounds are present and playing so I know its set up correctly, however when I watch the video back all of the GSX sounds are missing from the video, but only the GSX audio. I can still see the green text box on the video during pushback etc...but no audio. It plays perfectly when recording it though.
I've seen on YouTube that other videos are playing the audio no problem.
I use the windows 10 default recorder.....win key + G for my recordings.
(I know there are better recorders but this seems fine for what I needed it for)

*edit*
As I'm writing this I'm thinking that I should try a different recorder as I have read some users seeing other issues with the GSX sound engine and openAL. Maybe win10 recorder has issues with this also
To be investigated.......

p3dx3

Re: GSX sound...but not what you think!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 11:35:46 pm »
Hi everyone
First time post for me on the forum but I have gained some really good knowledge and tips from reading other posters on here over the years.
I've been a long time user of GSX initially in FSX but now I run in P3D v4.
The issue I have has been present in both FSX and P3D v4. It may not be specifically a GSX issue but im hoping someone else may have had this issue and fixed it previously.....
Ok so the sound issue I have is that I can use GSX in the sim when im live recording and all sounds are present and playing so I know its set up correctly, however when I watch the video back all of the GSX sounds are missing from the video, but only the GSX audio. I can still see the green text box on the video during pushback etc...but no audio. It plays perfectly when recording it though.
I've seen on YouTube that other videos are playing the audio no problem.
I use the windows 10 default recorder.....win key + G for my recordings.
(I know there are better recorders but this seems fine for what I needed it for)

*edit*
As I'm writing this I'm thinking that I should try a different recorder as I have read some users seeing other issues with the GSX sound engine and openAL. Maybe win10 recorder has issues with this also
To be investigated.......

Look at the Control Panel > Sound making sure defaults are set correct. P3D should have correct sound outputs set and so should the CouAtl menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX sound...but not what you think!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:49:01 am »
If you have an nVidia video card, try using the recorder in the GeForce Experience, which is hardware accelerated, so its impact on the cpu if very light.