Author Topic: Reinstalled P3D. Do I need to reisntall GSX as well ?  (Read 2650 times)

aayyppxx

Reinstalled P3D. Do I need to reisntall GSX as well ?
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:18:04 pm »
Hello,

Due to some wierd scenery issues, I had to completely reinstall P3D v4.2. I did not unintall GSX prior to this. Do I need to resintall GSX to get it to show up in the sim again, or is there an option within the addon manager to do so ?

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstalled P3D. Do I need to reisntall GSX as well ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 11:20:15 am »
That's the main advantage of GSX (like all our products), supporting the proper P3D4 installation method: that you don't have to do ANYTHING to it, when reinstalling the sim. It will just work.

aayyppxx

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:35:51 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Unfortunately, nothing from the FSDT (GSX menu, add-on manager tab, couatl menu) is showing inside the sim. Is there some way I can add them back to the sim ? Also, there is no add-on.xml for GSX in the P3D v4 add-on folder either.

Thanks
aayyppxx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »
Also, there is no add-on.xml for GSX in the P3D v4 add-on folder either.

There's no supposed to be a separate addon-xml for GSX, it's in the the Addon Manager folder. Do you have it ?

aayyppxx

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 03:33:18 pm »
I have a GSX folder in Addon Manager/Couatl/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »
I have a GSX folder in Addon Manager/Couatl/

That's not what I asked. You said you had no add-on.xml in the  P3D v4 add-on folder, which is normal, assuming that with "the P3D v4 add-on folder", you are referring to the place where the add-on.xml are normally located, which is under

Documents\Prepar3d v4 addons.

As I've said, you are NOT supposed to have a separate add-on.xml folder for GSX, because it's activated by the add-on.xml folder located in the Addon Manager folder UNDER Documents\Prepar3d v4 addons.

So, do you have it or not ?