Author Topic: Content errors: catering texture failing to load  (Read 3311 times)

p3dx3

Content errors: catering texture failing to load
« on: May 02, 2018, 04:52:30 am »
current version. p3d v4.2

content errors:

[error.457]
error=Texture GSX_CATERING_1.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.458]
error=Texture GSX_CATERING_1_LM.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.459]
error=Texture GSX_CATERING_1_SP.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Content errors: catering texture failing to load
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 05:51:12 pm »
Have you seen a catering vehicle with black textures ? If yes, please indicate the catering vehicle that appeared and the operator. If no, you can probably ignore the error.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 06:19:42 pm »
Have you seen a catering vehicle with black textures ? If yes, please indicate the catering vehicle that appeared and the operator. If no, you can probably ignore the error.

I do not call catering just reporting the message received in the log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 06:23:46 pm »
If you haven't called the catering vehicle yourself, GSX surely haven't created one automatically so, there are no reasons for that error message.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 11:34:26 pm »
If you haven't called the catering vehicle yourself, GSX surely haven't created one automatically so, there are no reasons for that error message.

Agreed it is odd. But I copied the texture files to p3d\texture and the content errors went away! Do you think one of the catering repaints has a wrong setting and cannot find the texture folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 10:56:42 am »
Do you think one of the catering repaints has a wrong setting and cannot find the texture folder?

That's possible, but it would be easier if you might have noticed a catering vehicle with black textures, since the log report is not very clear (being repaints, the actual texture names are always the same).

I checked all texture.cfg for all the catering vehicles, and they all seem fine.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 04:00:05 pm »
Do you think one of the catering repaints has a wrong setting and cannot find the texture folder?

That's possible, but it would be easier if you might have noticed a catering vehicle with black textures, since the log report is not very clear (being repaints, the actual texture names are always the same).

I checked all texture.cfg for all the catering vehicles, and they all seem fine.

I do not have a lot of time currently to try out variations to test but the content log appeared after ending every flight, even when I fly mostly cargo and do not call to request catering. Maybe a wrong texture.cfg on a repaint?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 04:32:43 pm »
I do not have a lot of time currently to try out variations to test but the content log appeared after ending every flight

That's because you enabled the content report option (which is not default) in the P3D settings.

Maybe a wrong texture.cfg on a repaint?

That's likely but, as I've said, I already checked them all, and cannot find anything wrong.