Author Topic: A Gates @ Flight Beam's KSFO HD  (Read 2841 times)

jodeci

A Gates @ Flight Beam's KSFO HD
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:27:19 pm »
Hello,

I am using FB's KSFO HD in P3D v4.2 and, according to the GSX menu at that airport, all of the A gates are too small for a 747-400 and so services are not available.  Would someone be able to point me to a solution (I have downloaded the airport again to ensure I have the most current version which I presume contains the current AFCAD...just not sure what to do next)?  Thank you.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: A Gates @ Flight Beam's KSFO HD
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 06:20:05 pm »
 Refer to page 27 of the GSX manual where you should be able to easily fix this.  Looking at the airport file that comes with SFO HD though and most of those A gates (all except for 2, 10, and 12) are set to 33m which can handle a B744 no problem.

jodeci

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  I, too, find it strange that none of the A gates can accept a 747 (from a GSX services perspective).  SODE works fine at those gates and the jetways connect to the aircraft perfectly, it's just that GSX "thinks" all of the gates are too small.  I'll go back to the manual and see if I can get at least one of them set up properly.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 09:37:34 pm »
What 747 model are you using? Check in it's aircraft.cfg, the wing_span= number and report here what it's showing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 02:25:51 pm »
it's just that GSX "thinks" all of the gates are too small.

GSX doesn't "think" anything. It just READS and BELIEVE what's inside the AFCAD, because it cannot possibly decides by itself if a spot is large enough to hold a certain kind of airplane, so it can only rely on the information in the scenery, which is the parking radius in this case, so it simply compare it with the airplane wingspan divided by 2, and if it's less than that, it will say the parking is too small for your airplane.

So, either the parking radius IS too small, or the wingspan in your airplane.cfg is too large.

Now, there might be many reasons why the developer set a smaller radius than what it might physically fit that place, or it might just be an error, but surely GSX cannot decide on its own.

But of course, you can override this with the maximum wingspan setting, as explained in the manual.