Author Topic: Wing walker going too far  (Read 1943 times)

iforrage

Wing walker going too far
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:56:30 pm »
It seems every time I use straight push with manual stop, when I do stop it, the wing walker walks way past the rear of the plane.  I do not get the set park brake message until he's back there, then I have to wait for him to come all the way back up before I can depart. 

Also, maybe unrelated (or maybe it is) but, it also seems when letting it run it's course, wether it's all the way to the limit, or left or right (not stopping manual), the walker seems to stop walking too soon, and the tug pushes me about 50 - 75 yards away from him.

This is p3dv4 (4.2) with the iFly 737.  Haven't tried other aircraft yet (because there aren't any, lol)
-Jesse

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wing walker going too far
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:57:51 pm »
The manual stop might not be very reliable and, the straight pushback it's usually more like a last resort compared to a proper procedure.

You can try adjusting the default "Straight pushback distance", which by default it's 100 meters, perhaps, if you find that at your airports 100 meters is too much (hence you usually do a manual stop), by reducing it, you might let the pushback stop automatically instead.

iforrage

Re: Wing walker going too far
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:24:37 pm »
The manual stop might not be very reliable

Ok, i understand.  Just departed now, and letting it go all the way to the max distance, there were no issues.  I want to say that this wasn't happening until one of the recent updates, though, but, I am not sure when it started.

and, the straight pushback it's usually more like a last resort compared to a proper procedure.

Actually, I usually fly with Southwest, and this is more common than you'd think.  Almost every flight I've been on in recent years, they push it straight, and let the Captain worry about which way to turn (lol).  The one exception was FLL, but that was because we were on the end gate and they had to put us on the taxiway.  Other than that I've been to BUF, LAS, MDW, BWI, and STL, and all were straight back.  I think they do it to save time.

You can try adjusting the default "Straight pushback distance", which by default it's 100 meters, perhaps, if you find that at your airports 100 meters is too much (hence you usually do a manual stop), by reducing it, you might let the pushback stop automatically instead.

Will do.  Thanks, Umberto!
-Jesse