Author Topic: Picking ground handling agent but use my airlines cargo pallets?  (Read 4553 times)

p3dx3

I pick the ground handling agent after selecting de-boarding or boarding, for example DNATA at Dubai. But my airplane has a code of UAE so how can I get GSX to use DNATA as the ground agent, but the pallets they are unloading and loading have Emirates labels? It used to work like that but past months have changed and I am confused by the new system.

QFA1213

Re: Picking ground handling agent but use my airlines cargo pallets?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 02:12:15 pm »
As far as I'm aware nothing has changed, it might just be a different repaint. Ensure that the following line is present in each fltsim entry within your aircraft.cfg (with the correct ICAO code):

atc_parking_codes = XXX

e.g. atc_parking_codes = UAE

:)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 11:33:06 am »
Nothing has changed.

Since GSX has been released, the atc_parking_codes of the airplane.cfg controls ONLY the livery of the ULD containers, while the parking codes of the *scenery* controls the GSX operator for all the vehicles, if the match their own atc_parking_codes in their own SIM.CFG, according to the normal scoring rules, which can be overriden by airline code field in the GSX parking customization page.

As explained on the manual, and on the forum, so many times, it would be wrong if the atc_parking_codes of the airplane.cfg controlled the ground operator, because it would mean your own ground crew would be able to follow you everywhere you go, which is not real.

And, it would be wrong too, if the airline codes of the *parking* would control the ULD containers, because if they did, it would likely result in ULDs unloaded at the arrival of a different kind of the ones loaded on departure, in the likely case the airline codes of the *scenery* would be different.

That's why, GSX correctly works as it always did:

- atc_parking_codes in the airplane.cfg controlling ONLY the ULDs

- parking codes in the scenery controlling the vehicles, according to the scoring between the code of the scenery and the atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG of the vehicles, with the ability to override them using the "airline code" field in the GSX parking customization page.

woozie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:10:20 pm »
I pick the ground handling agent after selecting de-boarding or boarding, for example DNATA at Dubai. But my airplane has a code of UAE so how can I get GSX to use DNATA as the ground agent, but the pallets they are unloading and loading have Emirates labels? It used to work like that but past months have changed and I am confused by the new system.

Are you using the FSL A320 by any chance?

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 07:26:08 pm »
Nothing has changed.

Since GSX has been released, the atc_parking_codes of the airplane.cfg controls ONLY the livery of the ULD containers, while the parking codes of the *scenery* controls the GSX operator for all the vehicles, if the match their own atc_parking_codes in their own SIM.CFG, according to the normal scoring rules, which can be overriden by airline code field in the GSX parking customization page.

As explained on the manual, and on the forum, so many times, it would be wrong if the atc_parking_codes of the airplane.cfg controlled the ground operator, because it would mean your own ground crew would be able to follow you everywhere you go, which is not real.

And, it would be wrong too, if the airline codes of the *parking* would control the ULD containers, because if they did, it would likely result in ULDs unloaded at the arrival of a different kind of the ones loaded on departure, in the likely case the airline codes of the *scenery* would be different.

That's why, GSX correctly works as it always did:

- atc_parking_codes in the airplane.cfg controlling ONLY the ULDs

- parking codes in the scenery controlling the vehicles, according to the scoring between the code of the scenery and the atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG of the vehicles, with the ability to override them using the "airline code" field in the GSX parking customization page.

Every one of my Emirates repaints has

atc_parking_types=CARGO
atc_parking_codes=UAE

And every time I select a ground handling agent, that agent becomes the logo on all the pallets being unloaded or a random airline is on the pallets, my last flight was Garuda with Kenya ground handling. I have tried UAE and UAEC and both the same. I remember an issue like this with random ground handling a while ago. Can you check to see if this issue is back? I can't get EK logos on the pallets.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:29:08 am »
I checked it now, and by setting exactly the same lines as you said you set:

atc_parking_types=CARGO
atc_parking_codes=UAE

Tried at FSDT Zurich, and I always get Emirates ULDs. Could be the airport you are using doesn't have any parking codes ?

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 05:55:42 pm »
I checked it now, and by setting exactly the same lines as you said you set:

atc_parking_types=CARGO
atc_parking_codes=UAE

Tried at FSDT Zurich, and I always get Emirates ULDs. Could be the airport you are using doesn't have any parking codes ?

Some times yes the cargo parking spots do not have codes. But shouldn't it ask me for the ground handling agent, then always get the aircraft's code that I am flying for the pallets?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 10:09:48 am »
But shouldn't it ask me for the ground handling agent, then always get the aircraft's code that I am flying for the pallets?

Yes, that would be a bug indeed. But I wanted to be sure it only happens when there are no codes anywhere in the parking (neither in the scenery, or in the GSX airline codes editing field)

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 05:18:31 pm »
But shouldn't it ask me for the ground handling agent, then always get the aircraft's code that I am flying for the pallets?

Yes, that would be a bug indeed. But I wanted to be sure it only happens when there are no codes anywhere in the parking (neither in the scenery, or in the GSX airline codes editing field)

I loaded again to test this is cargo with no codes and my aircraft UAE

It did not ask for providers at SBKP it loaded DHL as my pallets, GOL as the front loader vehicle and JetAviation as the rear.

CJSCH

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:44 pm »
I have the same issue as 413x3.

I change the list of handling agents to compensate where they are available. Then I get the right containers at least. It is not possible at all times.
Example, ELLX, I cannot select CLX as handlers?, I get a choice of UPS, FDX or ASL. If I choose ASL, ASL containers are off-loaded (or loaded) from/into my Cargolux aircraft. If FedEx, FedEx containers etc.
I have Cargolux (CLX) properly listed under the parking codes in the aircraft.cfg. I list CLX in GSX airline codes editing field and the scenery but that does not change a thing.

I fly Cargo Planes almost exclusively, except for the Bus or 737NGX. This might be a problem with Cargo Parkings/Planes only.

I use P3dV4.2 and PMDG Boeing aircraft and FSL A320X.

And of course  your airports when they are available at the major hubs. Thanks for your great KMEM and KSDF and very much looking forward to KORD V2!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 09:41:01 pm »
As I've said in my previous message: does the problem happening ONLY if the airport has NO codes at all ? In that case, you might be able to fix it (until the next upgrade), by setting the codes, which is something you might want to do anyway.