Author Topic: flying from KMEM or KSDF causing blurry textures after 60 mins  (Read 2814 times)

keino333

OK team, I thought I was losing my mind, but every time I depart either KSDF or KMEM for another destination the ground beneath me is completely blurry and can only be resolved/restored by exiting and reloading the sim.  This does not happen anywhere else just at these two airports.  Has this been reported or is it anyway related to GSX, Couatl and these two Scenery?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: flying from KMEM or KSDF causing blurry textures after 60 mins
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:39:48 am »
Nothing in our software does anything if you exit from the airport range, which is about 15 NM from the airport. It just stays silent in the background, waiting for you to enter in another airport and it's surely not doing anything to the sim textures.

You don't say which simulator you use, so it's very difficult to say what problem might be. On a 32 bit sim, it might just be a memory issue, likely caused by a memory hungry airplane, which you noticed at those airports, just because they are fairly big in memory occupation (not bigger than other similar airports), but enough to cause memory issues when used in combination with a memory hungry airplane.

keino333

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:31:36 pm »
Nothing in our software does anything if you exit from the airport range, which is about 15 NM from the airport. It just stays silent in the background, waiting for you to enter in another airport and it's surely not doing anything to the sim textures.

You don't say which simulator you use, so it's very difficult to say what problem might be. On a 32 bit sim, it might just be a memory issue, likely caused by a memory hungry airplane, which you noticed at those airports, just because they are fairly big in memory occupation (not bigger than other similar airports), but enough to cause memory issues when used in combination with a memory hungry airplane.

My bad.  I'm using P3d v4.2.  I noticed this behavior in P3dv4.19 as well.  These occurrences were experienced flying Captainsim 757v3, PMDG 747v3, 777 and NGX. + Maddog 80.  I've tried it with and without the AI from UTLive but the end result was the same.  The only reason I can pin it to these scenery is because everywhere else I don't run into this.  I take your point regard resource hungry aircraft, but then If I compare a fully loaded NYC state (including scenery by two other developers) flying anyone of these aircraft to FTX SoCAL + FSDT KLAX, this issues never surfaces. 

my rig: i7-4790K 32GB Ram, MSI GTX 1080Ti SSD TB, EVO 500GB, Activesky P3d4, Envdir, ASCA, and REX SkyForce.  (Active Scenery 700+)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:44:23 pm »
In P3D4, normal memory issues shouldn't happen.

Are you using some custom Affinity mask perhaps ? I've noticed that, on my system, it's best NOT to set anything, and leave it as default, otherwise textures will load much slower.

keino333

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 09:00:03 pm »
In P3D4, normal memory issues shouldn't happen.

Are you using some custom Affinity mask perhaps ? I've noticed that, on my system, it's best NOT to set anything, and leave it as default, otherwise textures will load much slower.

I'll have a look.  I don't recall putting one in, but I know I seen some oddities after installing scenery which causes me to dump and rebuild the cfg.  I'll have a look later today and revert