Author Topic: Unable to install GSX  (Read 1711 times)

maddog453

Unable to install GSX
« on: April 07, 2018, 07:32:28 pm »
GSX has been crashing when I go to pushback in FSX. It keeps telling me to install latest program. I have done that twice.

Today when I tried to update the update stopped when it got to the baggage truck section and locked up. Happened twice.

I uninstalled GSX and tried a clean install but it continues to lock up when installing the baggage trucks.

Thanks

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to install GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:44:05 am »
GSX has been crashing when I go to pushback in FSX. It keeps telling me to install latest program. I have done that twice.

If it's telling you to do that, it means you haven't updated it.

Today when I tried to update the update stopped when it got to the baggage truck section and locked up. Happened twice.

This seems to confirm it. If the Live Update cannot complete, surely something will not work, since you are left with a mixup between new and old files.

The most likely cause for the Live Update not completing, is your antivirus mistakenly blocking it. Try to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from the antivirus scanning, and run the Live Update again.

Alternatively, try the full GSX installer, but still configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.