Author Topic: FSX Add-on manager  (Read 2136 times)

elsmoko

FSX Add-on manager
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:01:30 am »
NOTE: If I have both FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries install in my FSX (what to do?) >>

I have what I believe is an older version of the add-on manager installed.  The  Couatl folder resides in my FSX (root) folder.
I have downloaded an updated version of the Couatl and during installation it prompted me to install it in different location than where
my present version is installed.
  Questions;  Should I direct this installation to my present CouATL location (the FSX folder) by browsing to it, and allow it to overwrite
my present version;  or should I un-install my present version and then install the new Couatl in a location of my choice.   If I perform
the second option (above) and I install the Couatl in a new location, will this require uninstalling / reinstalling my FSDT and Flightbeam
sceneries; or will Couatl and all the sceneries find each other ?
Thank you,
Ken Boardman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Add-on manager
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:46:08 pm »
Questions;  Should I direct this installation to my present CouATL location (the FSX folder) by browsing to it, and allow it to overwrite  my present version;  or should I un-install my present version and then install the new Couatl in a location of my choice

Now the installer is giving you a choice, it's best you don't use the FSX folder anymore, but rather a folder of your choice, which can be either the default (which is fine, if you have enough space on C:), or something else entirely, even on another drive.

The installer will remove any old copy of the Addon Manager, and will update all the files that require to be updated, to comply with the new installation method, and this is valid for Flightbeam products requiring the Addon Manager that you had installed, since the installer recognize them too.

If you have newer Flightbeam installers that don't use the Addon Manager, it's best if you uninstall their old versions first, update all the FSDT software, and install Flightbeam using their latest installers.

elsmoko

Re: FSX Add-on manager
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:57:27 pm »
Thank you for the fast and helpful reply Umberto.
Best regards,
Ken