Author Topic: GSX Menu not showing up in P3Dv4  (Read 8162 times)

harrylinsenmayer

GSX Menu not showing up in P3Dv4
« on: March 31, 2018, 05:09:23 am »
I am trying to use GSX like normal, however, I got on to my computer one day and GSX was not in the Menu. I have tried diagnosing this for the past 2 hours to no avail. GSX has been working normally with my sim for weeks now, but it is now suddenly not working at multiple airports and different planes.
Any help would be appreciated.

Harry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not showing up in P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 12:44:24 pm »
Have you ran the current Live Update ?

civil714

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 02:55:53 pm »
I am with Harry on this one.  I just updated to the new version of GSX through FSDT Live Update, and that is when everything went downhill from there.  I read though the other forums, of other fixes.  Did not work for me.  In P3D the Add-on menu for your products are gone.  I also lost all of your airports MEM, LAS, FLL, and more.  I see the ground texture but the airport building, etc are gone no matter which airport it is.  With that I unloaded and reinstalled both GSX and the airports, restarted the computer countless times, which did not work.  Up to this point GSX, airports were working flawlessly, with no problems.  Perfect.  FSDT Live Update to this point was spot on with no problems.  I have also noticed the FSDT Manger did not install.  I am using 64 bit, Windows 10, Prepared 3DV4 (Original software, no updated to P3DV4).
Thank-you,
Civil714

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 03:08:28 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm that, if you run the FSDT Live Update now, it should work. It has, for all other users that reported this problem so far.

Prepared 3DV4 (Original software, no updated to P3DV4).

Please clarify what do you mean with this. If with original software, you mean the initial 4.0 release, I'm afraid we cannot guarantee compatibility with that version anymore. The minimum requirement is now 4.1, because we require some features not available in the 4.0 SDK.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:10:48 pm by virtuali »

harrylinsenmayer

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 07:17:32 pm »
I have the exact same report and exact same specs as civil714. Everything had been running flawlessly before and we both had run the Live Update 1 day to find that GSX and our airports havfe been essentially deleted. No Addon Manager or GSX Menu in the simulator. I have tried to pull up the menu with Ctrl Shift F12 and Ctrl F12 to no avail. I will try to run the Live Update once again to see if you guys have fixed it. Thanks,
Harry

harrylinsenmayer

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »
After running the Live Update, it has now caused many more problems. It shows a black screen then crashes completely. I have removed GSX and the same thing happens. This has never happened before except for right after I ran the Live Update. Please help.
Harry

civil714

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 02:25:25 am »
Hello Harry.  Umberto is 100% correct to upgrade from P3Dv4.0 to P3Dv4.2.  I was afraid he was going to say to upgrade because, I did not want to upgrade.  I was refusing to upgrade.  It was such of pain to install P3Dv4.0 at the beginning.  I also, thought upgrading I was going to have to reinstall all of my add-on over again and, I have a lot.  After an hour of hemming and hauling of upgrading, I went ahead and upgraded.  In the Prepared 3D forum, shows you how to upgrade, it was actually very simple.  It was uninstalling and installing one portion of the program.  Within 15 minutes I was upgraded from P3Dv4.0 to P3Dv4.2; I did not have to reinstall any add-on, and I am 100% running.  All of my add-ons are working, perfectly, and I am seeing all of GSX and FSDT airports.

Thank-you Umberto,
Civil714

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 10:10:39 pm »
Yes, I confirm our software won't run on P3D 4.0 and, I can't see how anyone would want to run with the initial release: this is list of bugfixes from 4.0 to 4.1:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/521610-41-release-notes/

And it's really easy to upgrade, and won't require to reinstall any of your addons.

harrylinsenmayer

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 10:23:55 pm »
Thank you Umberto and civil. I do have v4.1 but I don't have 4.2. I will try the upgrade and see how it goes. Thank you both!

gevan

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 05:17:25 am »
Hi Umberto,

I'm getting the same issue, only appears in P3Dv4.2 "the addon manager", nothing else.

This happen after the last update.

I share my log file:

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 3983)
log started on Tue Apr  3 18:37:49 2018

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx busy, waiting.

Thanks for the help, cheers

BodoM

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 07:50:08 am »
Yes, I confirm our software won't run on P3D 4.0 and, I can't see how anyone would want to run with the initial release: this is list of bugfixes from 4.0 to 4.1:

Where is that stated in the product descrioption? You sell products for P3D 4 and "4" means 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. If you force customers to update to the recent release you should quote that in the forum as an announcement!

Besides that, you are the arrogance in Person! I opend a thread in the generell forum with describing a problem with the Addon Amanger not running anymore in P3D 4.0 after the latest update. No reply yet, nothing! I bought a full licence of GSX and updated this weekend with the result that nor the scenries not GSX is running anymore in P3D4.0. Very nice from you guys.

I expect to get the Addon Manager running on P3D4.0! Otherwise plese refund the money for all licences I bought from FSDT.

harvett.B

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 09:33:52 am »
SAME HERE .... No GSX,KMEN,CYVR...ECT what is going on ??? I can not activate any of my products and i have just about all of them . Nothing in the drop down to activate any of the FSDT products in P3D V4.2 :( :( >:(WOW now what can be done about this ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 10:49:36 am »
Where is that stated in the product descrioption? You sell products for P3D 4 and "4" means 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. If you force customers to update to the recent release you should quote that in the forum as an announcement!

We'll add that, sure. It's just that while I might understand someone still not updated to 4.2, since it has the annoying menu bug problem (but there are workardounds, at least), I couldn't imagine someone using GSX with 4.0, which was almost unusable, due to the black textures problems, for which there was no solution.

Besides that, you are the arrogance in Person! I opend a thread in the generell forum with describing a problem with the Addon Amanger not running anymore in P3D 4.0 after the latest update. No reply yet, nothing!

No, I was just one that too a day off, after staying up all night until 7:00 AM, during Easter vacations, to FOUND and FIX this problem so, you would excuse me if the reply times were a BIT slower than usual.

I bought a full licence of GSX and updated this weekend with the result that nor the sceneries not GSX is running anymore in P3D4.0. Very nice from you guys.

This is caused by the fact that some functions in the SDK we use now, appeared in 4.1 and by compiling using the 4.1 SDK, the program won't run on 4.0 anymore. And those functions were made to increase performances, since we use the (faster) PDK instead of Simconnect for several things, like the camera position or the eye position, that must be read at each frame, and would pose a significant strain on Simconnect (and other addons), but now they don't anymore. But they require 4.1, at least.

I expect to get the Addon Manager running on P3D4.0! Otherwise plese refund the money for all licences I bought from FSDT.

You can still use the version you bought it, assuming you kept the old installer, and install it with the network disconnected, so it won't download the update.

gevan

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 10:11:44 pm »
Well, my issue has been solved after re-run the "FSDreamTeam Live Update" today and I did some test and everything works fine as before the update, with when the troubles appeared.

I hope this helps anyone,   ;)