Author Topic: P3D not shutting down properly **SOLVED**  (Read 7744 times)

Terblanche

Re: P3D not shutting down properly
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 05:12:28 pm »

But since the more likely it's another P3D addon, I'd start with them first.

I give up - I've reinstalled GSX and now everything is working (perfectly) again ... nothing changed on my rig, except Nvidia drivers. It makes me feel intensely stupid, which doesn't take much it seems if it comes to PeeThreeDee. It's simply to inconsistent for my understanding.
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 01:36:10 pm »
I give up - I've reinstalled GSX and now everything is working (perfectly) again ... nothing changed on my rig, except Nvidia drivers.

Which confirms what I said:

- It wasn't GSX installation problem, since you said you already tried reinstalling/uninstalling it.

- It could be something non flightsim-related. And yes, video drivers CAN possibly cause this, since we use the native P3D PDK for some functions, which is a lower-level interface, more efficient and fps friendly than Simconnect but, it can be affected by issues with video drivers.

Terblanche

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 05:09:03 pm »
What I've said Umberto, is the fact that when I uninstall GSX then P3D shuts down completely and no other app complains that it still runs in the background. I hear what you've said, it doesn't make sense that video drivers will be the cause of this, but I hear you. Still doesn't explain why it will only be on my rig and no one else's but let that mystery die one day when I go through another cycle of upgrading my PC.

For now it's working and if it was an argument between the previous video drivers and GSX then at least that is sorted out with the new video drivers.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:13:50 am by virtuali »
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:35 am »
What I've said Umberto, is the fact that when I uninstall GSX then P3D shuts down completely and no other app complains that it still runs in the background.

That doesn't mean GSX is the cause. Only that no other addon you have installed is using the new and highly efficent PDK method for some function which, being more low-level of Simconnect (that's why it's faster), might be AFFECTED by a problem with video drivers or video drivers settings.

I hear what you've said, it doesn't make sense that video drivers will be the cause of this, but I hear you.

I said they might, instead. And it seems they did...

Still doesn't explain why it will only be on my rig and no one else's but let that mystery die one day when I go through another cycle of upgrading my PC.

Maybe it wasn't just an issue of "faulty" video drivers (even if nVidia HAS released a faulty driver recently, up to the point that it caused blue screens with the latest Windows 10 update), but also a combination of a particular video driver release and some tweak or setting in them that might have been removed when installing the new version.