Author Topic: GSX Automatically selecting services/crashing  (Read 2043 times)

Just Caliber

GSX Automatically selecting services/crashing
« on: March 29, 2018, 08:27:03 am »
This is a very annoying issue. I hit Shift + F12 to bring up the menu and it will automatically select any of the numbered options. I am certain it is connected with Chaseplane or any other camera tool with hotkeys selected to the numbers on keyboard or mouse. This is a rather recent issue. I try to select a key that is not bound to anything in Chaseplane in hopes it will not select the last number I clicked. When I do, GSX crashes.

I have tried reinstalling both Chaseplane and GSX but to no avail. I read on the VATSIM Facebook page it has something to do with simconnect, but I am posting this anyway in case that is incorrect.

Will

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Automatically selecting services/crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:21:29 am »
This is a very annoying issue. I hit Shift + F12 to bring up the menu and it will automatically select any of the numbered options. I am certain it is connected with Chaseplane or any other camera tool with hotkeys selected to the numbers on keyboard or mouse. This is a rather recent issue. I try to select a key that is not bound to anything in Chaseplane in hopes it will not select the last number I clicked. When I do, GSX crashes.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

It's the very well known P3D 4.2 bug, which results in numeric keys being sent to the menu, even if they don't belong to it so, in this case, either you or another addon (because it was assigned that key), have selected a menu option higher than the number of menu items, which will cause this error, since the program expected N options, and received a N+x command.

The correct behavior (of the sim), should be that, if a menu is on screen, only the numeric keys that are actually linked to an option would be sent to the app, and the other are ignored.

This is a known P3D 4.2 bug that doesn't happen with any other version of the sim, and has been introduced in 4.2. LM is aware of it, and should come up with some fix soon, but in the meantime, the only option is to not touch the keys higher than the number of options available, and being sure no other addon (Chaseplane in your case) is using the numbers from 0 to 9 on the keyboard.