Author Topic: Part of Safedock display still showing in original position after I lowered it  (Read 2427 times)

Pirateinparadise

A picture is worth a thousand words. Minor, but I'm sure you wanted to know about it. BTW: I LOVE all of the docking systems. Well done. I'm torn between using them and the Marshall. Can't you rig some Safedock 'malfunctions' in there? Every once  in a while you get told to hold on the apron while a Marshall gets there due to a problem with the docking system. Someone could run him to the gate in a little cart or something. lol.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:10:02 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You cannot "lower" a docking system that has a ground stand. GSX recognize those, and snap them to the ground automatically, even if you can move them up/down in the editor.

If you need to adjust the height of a docking system, you must use a wall or an L-support model.

Good idea about simulating failures and calling a marshaller, we'll keep it in mind for future updates.

Pirateinparadise

No one ever told you that as soon as you make something fool proof, someone invents a better fool, eh? This fool managed to lower it. See attached (Safedock2.jpg). Gate A1 (right) lowered, Gate A2 not lowered.

Also, the display is fine right up until about 4' away, at which point the arrow part of the display snaps to the proper height as you describe. The othe 99% of the system stays put at the height I set it to.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:27:58 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
No one ever told you that as soon as you make something fool proof, someone invents a better fool, eh? This fool managed to lower it. See attached (Safedock2.jpg). Gate A1 (right) lowered, Gate A2 not lowered.

Well, that was precisely my point: you said it doesn't stay after you lowered it in the editor, which is precisely what GSX does to prevent you doing something that doesn't make any sense, like going below ground on that kind of object so, even if you can play with it in the editor, it won't save it. I'm not sure how you managed to lower it anyway, but you weren't supposed to.

Maybe we should do it in a stronger way, like disabling the altitude keys entirely when you are editing a ground-based object.

The arrow doesn't have anything to do with this, it's just a matter of the sim not interpolating animation variables precisely enough. It will go away entirely when we'll release the new DirectX-based Docking system, discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17479.0.html