Author Topic: GSX issues Trucks  (Read 2655 times)

goodperson36

GSX issues Trucks
« on: March 27, 2018, 01:32:14 am »
Hi I just installed GSX and also installed Fsdreamteam Vancouver. I alos installed from Rikooo the Airbus freeware packaged from Posky. As I went to use GSX I ask for a follow me car everything look great. Until I parked at the gate and activated the the unboarding process. I noticed that carts were running through each other and cant figure out what the problem is. I then got a pop up that i need to install the standalone addon. so I did that thinking that was the problem. It did not fix the issues I still have carts running into each other. below is the info I got from the pop up saying that I need to install the standalone Manager. I have also sent a picture to show you what is going on thank you.

couatl v3.2 (build 3894)
panic log started on Mon Mar 26 17:11:22 2018

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 64, in <lambda>
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 95, in showContainer
IndexError: list index out of range
{'Requested FollowMe to': 'Main Terminal Pier A|Gate 3', 'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.19155454540082, -123.18004866461216, 7.79514 m, 3.48964 m, 42.139610095912175)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX issues Trucks
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:08:49 pm »
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 95, in showContainer IndexError: list index out of range

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or CYVR. It's the very well known P3D 4.2 bug, which results in numeric keys being sent to the menu, even if they don't belong to it so, in this case, either you or another addon (because it was assigned that key), have selected a menu option higher than the number of menu items, which will cause this error, since the program expected N options, and received a N+x command.

The correct behavior (of the sim), should be that, if a menu is on screen, only the numeric keys that are actually linked to an option would be sent to the app, and the other are ignored.

This is a known P3D 4.2 bug that doesn't happen with any other version of the sim, and has been introduced in 4.2. LM is aware of it, and should come up with some fix soon, but in the meantime, the only option is to not touch the keys higher than the number of options available, and being sure no other addon is using the numbers from 0 to 9 on the keyboard.

goodperson36

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 08:04:17 pm »
Ok well if thats the case how do I turn it off because GSX its automatically calling for things that i havent requested like for instand unloading and then the catering trucks show up when I havent even requested them etc etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 09:27:21 pm »
Ok well if thats the case how do I turn it off because GSX its automatically calling for things that i havent requested like for instand unloading and then the catering trucks show up when I havent even requested them etc etc.

You don't seem to understand. GSX is not calling anything, it's NOT a GSX issue. It's the SIM ITSELF, which is sending a numeric key TO GSX so, obviously, GSX cannot say if it was *you* that pressed the keyboard: it just received a keyboard command.

So, the only option to prevent this P3D bug is, as I've said in my previous message:

- not touch the keys higher than the number of options available.

- not touch a numeric key before calling GSX

- be sure no other addon is using the numbers from 0 to 9 on the keyboard, because it might be THAT addon which might press that key for you, with the sim mistakenly sending it to GSX.

And of course, this issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX. It will happen just the same with any application that has a menu, like SODE, FS Passengers, and even the LM samples provided with the SDK. Because, the thing that is not working, is the SIMCONNECT MENU, not the "GSX menu", so it will affect all apps equally, and no apps has a way to defend itself against it because, for the application point view, someone HAS chosen a menu option.