Author Topic: All add-ons are in trial mode and will not register or reinstall **SOLVED**  (Read 3444 times)

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
OK this happened again ( i have other posts for this which I re-read before posting again). My Microsoft AV and UAC are off and I still can not get out of trial mode. It has been working great since the last time it happened. I don't know why it's happening or how to prevent it. I'm running FSXSE in window mode to look for any pop up boxes but they are not opening. I only open FSXSE in admin and then do the windows mode. I'm also tried running your live update program. I have excluded my FSXSE folder and your C:\programfiles\addonmanager folder just in case from microsoft defender av. I was advised to uninstall all the simconnects and .net reboot and check for windows 10 updates. No luck registering. Should I uninstall all of my add-ons and try again? Last time this happened it was the Couati program that was giving me grief. Can I manually register enter them  in a text file??       Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:11:57 pm by virtuali »
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All add-ons are in trial mode and will not register or reinstall
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:54 am »
With "All addon are in Trial mode", do you mean then are in Trial ? "Trial mode", means you do see the scenery perfectly, but only for 5 minutes at a time.

If, instead, you don't see the scenery at all, it's NOT "Trial mode", it's "software not running", which is a completely different issue so, please, clarify.

Last time this happened it was the Couati program that was giving me grief.

No, it didn't. It was another program (antivirus, usually) or missing runtimes libraries that should be on your system, which caused grief TO Couatl, not the other way around. It's possible the same it's happening now, which would result in the program not starting because of these issues on your system. Do you have the Couatl menu visible under the "Addons" menu ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:20:11 am by virtuali »

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »
Hello no I do not see the Coauti program listed nor any other addon programs. Just addon manager. When I open FSXE, it says LAX is in trial mode. I see gateways but no buildings nor any other ai aircraft. It does says trial mode ended after 5 mins. I got the 4.7 .net update and I can't get sysytem restore to roll backward. I went into the control panel and turned off by unchecking 4.7 .net box, applied it and rebooted the system. Stil the same. So it appears to me now that none of my addons ons like worldwide airports and rexskyforce3d are running. Thanks.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 05:27:15 pm »
Hello no I do not see the Coauti program listed nor any other addon programs. Just addon manager.

So it appears to me now that none of my addons ons like worldwide airports and rexskyforce3d are running. Thanks.

Well, at least the Addon Manager is working...the problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:32:28 pm »
Ok thanks. I'll uninstall all the VC++ files, reboot and reinstall and give you an update. Thanks.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 05:13:40 am »
Ok I uninstalled all of them and reinstalled them both x86 and x64. However the 2005 SP1 ones both x86 and x64 will not install into windows 10 Pro x64. What do you suggest? Thanks My UAC and AV are off and I'm logged on as the Admin.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 07:01:20 pm »
However the 2005 SP1 ones both x86 and x64 will not install into windows 10 Pro x64.

They surely do.

If they didn't, no 3rd party add for FSX that use the Simconnect SP2/XPack version would work, and that's one of the most commonly used. If they don't install on your system, this explain why you cannot run our software, but it's clearly some kind of problem in your system that you must fix.

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 10:43:20 pm »
I fully agree so I did a clean install this time back with windows 7 Pro. Installed all windows updates and all the C++ x86 and X64 files and all is going well again! Thanks for your help. No kore windows 10.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez