Author Topic: Black screens when activating GSX - FSX Steam Edition  (Read 2429 times)

razurdia

Black screens when activating GSX - FSX Steam Edition
« on: March 26, 2018, 07:26:18 am »
Hello, I acquired GSX 2 days ago for my FSX Steam Edition and encountered an issue of black screens. I thought it was because of switching from views but apparently that isn't the problem causing it.
I made a deep research in forums, websites and I couldn't find anything that could explain what's happening.

With any default aircraft if I activate GSX "Boarding" or "Deboarding" all panel screens are turned to black. It happens on different timing and without a reason. I could even leave everything without touching and still it happens (the only thing I had to touch was shut down the engines and activating parking break) cause if not GSX wouldn't load and if I don't call GSX all panel screens remain active forever.

Any thoughts about this?
I haven't tried with any other aircrafts addons but it does happen with all default aircraft that has panel screens.

My PC has a good capacity, and it can run heavy games in ultra mode without a problem. Yesterday morning I wiped my PC and reinstalled everything again on it just to make sure it wasn't something already installed that might cause it and the first thing I installed was the game + GSX but the issue still happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Black screens when activating GSX - FSX Steam Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 10:37:08 am »
I made a deep research in forums, websites and I couldn't find anything that could explain what's happening.

Well, of course you can't, since nobody ever reported it before.

With any default aircraft if I activate GSX "Boarding" or "Deboarding" all panel screens are turned to black.

The only possible reason for this which, as I've said, it's unheard of, is that you pushed your settings too high, so you have exhausted either RAM (very easy in FSX, since it's a 32 bit sim), or VRAM, or both.

This might possibly related to an issue/bug with your video drivers, or a combination of both.

The only thing sure, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

razurdia

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 05:13:23 pm »
The only possible reason for this which, as I've said, it's unheard of, is that you pushed your settings too high, so you have exhausted either RAM (very easy in FSX, since it's a 32 bit sim), or VRAM, or both.

I lowered all settings and still happens.

The only thing sure, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

I kinda doubt it, because if I don't activate GSX, the game runs perfect.

Well, of course you can't, since nobody ever reported it before.

If you want I can give you TeamViewer or AnyDesk access to my PC so you can verify it. It might be something new happening with Steam Edition.

razurdia

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 08:21:44 am »
Okay, after alot of time researching, downloading aircrafts (freeware), buying (airbus from steam edition [which I don't recommend anyone to buy] and PMDG [worth every penny]), and testing.....
It seems GSX works 100% only with payware PMDG in Steam Edition.

All freeware of aircrafts made for FSX are amazing but my guess is I will have to try to sync ground services to doors + cargo, etc... which is pointless because screens go black at anytime.
Instead I bought PMDG 777, I can control all doors + cargo doors and all GSX services line up perfectly, and the best part is that I can actually last 20 minutes "boarding" and getting all ground services and panel screens will remain active.

GSX its worth every penny for anyone that wants to make their simulator more realistic.

One question for the devs, I noticed that the luggage carts (2 of them, 1 for each cargo door) just come by the plane once to drop all cargo, is there a way to make them come back 3 or 4 more times?
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:02:14 pm »
It seems GSX works 100% only with payware PMDG in Steam Edition.

GSX supports by default lots of 3rd party airplane addons, most of them payware, because THOSE are the more difficult to configure, since they use custom systems, custom variables, etc.

The freeware planes are very easy to configure, using the supplied configuration editor.

All freeware of aircrafts made for FSX are amazing but my guess is I will have to try to sync ground services to doors + cargo, etc... which is pointless because screens go black at anytime.

Just put the sim in Windowed mode (ALT+Enter), when configuring an airplane. Of course, once it's saved, you can go back to full screen, and the next time you'll use that plane, it's not required to configure it again.

One question for the devs, I noticed that the luggage carts (2 of them, 1 for each cargo door) just come by the plane once to drop all cargo, is there a way to make them come back 3 or 4 more times?

We'll add this feature in a future upgrade, just like the "multiple trips" option of the fuel truck.