Author Topic: No ground textures from distance  (Read 5472 times)

TBauer

No ground textures from distance
« on: November 23, 2007, 11:54:46 am »
Hi

When I fly into Zurich I cannot see the ground textures unless I am about 5-10 KM away; then they pop up. Before the ground including runways is white. Is there a responsible parameter that can be changed. I have CH-Pro.

Thanks,
Thomas

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: No ground textures from distance
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 12:11:56 pm »
Hi

When I fly into Zurich I cannot see the ground textures unless I am about 5-10 KM away; then they pop up. Before the ground including runways is white. Is there a responsible parameter that can be changed. I have CH-Pro.

Thanks,
Thomas

The ground visibility is of 30 KM (max value supported from FS9), the white texture on ground, indicate a problem on load of texture.

Regards.

OPabst

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:24:49 am »
Hi

Thanks,
Thomas

The ground visibility is of 30 KM (max value supported from FS9), the white texture on ground, indicate a problem on load of texture.

Regards.

Hi Alessandro,

in my tests, FS will load Object not before 15-18KM even when you have set the distances to max (32KM).
When you set the material color of the ground poly to transparent, you can prevent the white polies while loading the textures.

brgds
Oliver Pabst
brgds
Oliver Pabst

TBauer

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 01:46:27 pm »
Thank you, Oliver.

Then there is hope.

Regards,
Thomas