Author Topic: First post, bit of advice needed. Vanishing vehicles.  (Read 2390 times)

DaveRuk

First post, bit of advice needed. Vanishing vehicles.
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:33:31 am »
First post, bit of advice needed

Hope you can help with a couple of issues I've encountered since purchase a few days ago

Firstly I am running P3D v4.1, mostly with PMDG 737.
I also use addon airports and so far have seen this behaviour at EGCC (UK2000), I was at gate 42. I'd add that I'm sure I have run the services successfully at EGCC but can't recall the gate, in case that's an issue here.

I've noticed a couple of anomalies and hope they can be resolved easily.

-When catering trucks arrive, sometimes they get to the gate, close to the aircraft, then just vanish
-Sometimes this seems to trigger a reset of the whole scenario, with cones and baggage services disappearing also
-Fuel truck. This too has positioned itself under the wing and has disappeared too. The weirdest instance just left the fuel counter indicator floating by itself!
-I've noticed the animated vehicles sometimes drive right through static objects, some of which look to be GSX pushback tugs (I could be mistaken)

I'm hoping to spend some time seeing how things behave using default airports and will report back on that, but it'd be nice to use my enhanced airports with GSX too. I've not tested my FlyTampa and Aerosoft addons yet.

It's entirely possible I am making some newcomer mistakes, but I'd appreciate some help getting things working correctly, as the product looks really nice when all is sweet and certainly enhances the experience.

Thanks in advance.
 :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First post, bit of advice needed. Vanishing vehicles.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:44:13 pm »
-When catering trucks arrive, sometimes they get to the gate, close to the aircraft, then just vanish

Nobody ever reported this before. Was the GSX/Couatl menu still available after the vehicles disappeared ?

-Sometimes this seems to trigger a reset of the whole scenario, with cones and baggage services disappearing also

When you switch airplane, it's normal GSX would reset. It won't reset by ifself.

Fuel truck. This too has positioned itself under the wing

This because you haven't configured the fuel position in the GSX aircraft editor.

and has disappeared too. The weirdest instance just left the fuel counter indicator floating by itself!

This is not normal, instead and, again, nobody ever reported it before, especially the fuel counter remaining alone. I'm start to suspect interference by another addon, maybe one that sends too many commands to Simconnects in a very short time, not allowing GSX to "talk" with the sim. We had some reports when using some 3rd party weather engines.

Are you running with Unlimited frame rate ? If yes, try to limit to 30 fps.

-I've noticed the animated vehicles sometimes drive right through static objects, some of which look to be GSX pushback tugs (I could be mistaken)

GSX cannot possibly know about static things in the scenery. Which is why, it's possible to customize the vehicle starting positions for each gate, which is usually done precisely to prevent clashing with static objects in 3rd party sceneries.

DaveRuk

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:07:39 pm »
Hi virtuali - thanks for the quick reply on this one. As I say I'm new to this package to am open to learning and happy to admit if I've overlooked anything obvious to those with more expertise  :)

I've got a couple of video clips already on YouTube, which demonstrate some of the issues, and I'm happy to share either here or privately, as you prefer, if it helps both of us. Just let me know and I'll sort that out.
I'll take your preference on that, but thought they could be useful. I haven't captured the catering issue, just fueling, one where it all looks fine, and another with the hovering fuel gauge (very brief but it's there)

In reply to your points:

-GSX/Couatl menu. Yes I could call it up using the hotkey
-Scenario reset, bad choice of words on my part. I wasn't switching aircraft, what I really meant was that when the process blipped, it seemed to reset the whole process with cones etc disappearing then reappearing.
-Fuel truck position. I had not realised that configuring position was a "must do", but in fairness, the first time I used it, it went right where it should (got that on video too) so assumed I did not need to mess unnecessarily, which I try to avoid!
-Floating fuel counter, as I say, got that on a clip. I don't have any weather engines, only Rex Enhanced Clouds. I am however running unlimited FPS and that's something I'll try and wind down.
-Static vehicle clashes. I'd already accepted it as "one of those things" and perhaps as my confidence in the package grows I will investigate customising positions (and from what you say I guess that means I can specify a gate, then edit what will go where to avoid the issue)

thanks once more!
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:54:07 am »
-GSX/Couatl menu. Yes I could call it up using the hotkey

So, the only possible reason (since GSX clearly was still working), is that another addon is removing the vehicles. Are you sure it's not the PMDG airplane, which has similar vehicles on its own ? At least the 747 has such vehicles.

-Scenario reset, bad choice of words on my part. I wasn't switching aircraft, what I really meant was that when the process blipped, it seemed to reset the whole process with cones etc disappearing then reappearing.

Is still not very clear what do you mean with "blipped". A full restart results in pause and the "airport cache loaded" at the end, which doesn't seem like a fitting description of a "blip". Traffic cones will appear when you select a gate and will disappear if you change gate.

-Fuel truck position. I had not realised that configuring position was a "must do", but in fairness, the first time I used it, it went right where it should (got that on video too) so assumed I did not need to mess unnecessarily, which I try to avoid!

Because the first time you used it, you use a plane which was already supplied with refuel points by default, in the GSX internal configuration.

-Floating fuel counter, as I say, got that on a clip. I don't have any weather engines, only Rex Enhanced Clouds. I am however running unlimited FPS and that's something I'll try and wind down.

I haven't asked for "proof", I obviously believe you. It's just that, since nobody ever reported it before, it's not a GSX bug (otherwise it would *always* happen, to everybody ) so, it must be some kind of interference with other addons. Just using too many of them at the same time, with "unlimited" frame rate, might cause issues, depending what they do.

-Static vehicle clashes. I'd already accepted it as "one of those things" and perhaps as my confidence in the package grows I will investigate customising positions (and from what you say I guess that means I can specify a gate, then edit what will go where to avoid the issue)

I strongly suggest reading the manual. A significant part of it deals with airplane and airport customization, and without it, you are missing a lot of what GSX can do.