Author Topic: GSX not saving config **SOLVED**  (Read 3417 times)

crash77

GSX not saving config **SOLVED**
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:13:40 am »
With the new Live update GSX no longer saves my door preference setting for my QW 787.  I had L2 selected with the STAR as my primary door.  Since the last update it keeps reverting back to L1 and when I go in ALT>MENU>GSX and select that door again then "SAVE" it shows it as saved however when I restart FSX it reverts back to L1 again.  Never did this before.  My PMDG planes are unaffected.  Very strange, any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:37:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not saving config
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:15:51 am »
I'm not sure which last update you are referring to, because it surely hasn't changed anything in the airplane editor and, fact that PMDG planes are not affected, should indicated it's not a GSX problem.

We haven't done any configuration of the QW787, so it's either a config you made, or one you downloaded, or one that comes with the airplane. Check in the GSX airplane configuration page where GSX is taking its data from, which might give you some clues about what's the problem.

Maybe, if PMDG planes, which comes with a pre-made configuration, are not affected, because something in your system (usually the antivirus) is preventing GSX to access its preference folder under %APPDATA%, which is only used when you made/edit an configuration.

crash77

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:28:43 am »
I don't think its any anti-virus I dont use any.  It is saving everything I make changes to except it will not save the L2 doors as my main.  It will allow me to make L2 the main and save, however when I reload FSX it reverts back to L1 as main door but keeps any other changes I've made so ya I'm not sure what is causing it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:56 am »
Try to change something else in the editor, like moving a door very slightly, and see if it saves the L2 as preferred exit too.

crash77

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 10:42:02 am »
I made changes to both Pax 1 and 2 doors (L1 and L2) and then restarted Couatl and it saved the changes but again reverted L2 back to L1.  Very strange  I'm at a loss.

crash77

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 11:09:31 am »
I went to the AppData>Airplanes>787-8 file and changed "preferredexit =  1" from 1 to 2 but it just keeps changing it back to 1.

crash77

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 12:12:31 am »
Somehow after hours of reinstalling and fiddling I have GSX saving my door preference after a restart of FSX...have no clue what was done to fix it but its working again.