Author Topic: Rare GSX installtion issues in p3d v4  (Read 4479 times)

Zijunliao

Rare GSX installtion issues in p3d v4
« on: March 09, 2018, 04:08:39 pm »
Hello
       I have purchased GSX and strangely I met a similar problem as described in http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15882.0.html. It turns out that I cannot find the add on manager menu in p3d even after numerous attempts to reinstall gsx and the p3d v4. I checked all the directions given in the post. I reinstall the VC 2015 versions numerous times and I reinstall with the computer antivirus off. Then I let the antivirus to exclude the location where GSX is installed. I checked the exe.xml file of p3d and it seems fine though I just deleted it nevertheless. The one who has similar problems with me in the post says that he is able to manage the problem by reinstalling the whole system. In order to find out about the missing/corrupted system library, I used windows's sfc/scan command to repair and find any issues. Strangely, this time, it seems like the computer shows that nothing is run and there is no corrupted system library or file. I have followed your instructions given and I want to know whether I can trouble shoot my system to find out or do you suggest actually the problem is easily solved by rebooting the system? It is strange because I am installing in a brand new computer with a newly and clean installed system. And even more strangely, I have fsx that is working on my computer and I can activate the gsx in fsx environment(Though I later deleted the fsx). So, unlike the case mentioned in the previous link, the other thing is that I want to know is there a way to reinstall the entire gsx from scratch and do a completely ' clean install'? I know it is a very rare problem and I really appreciate your support. Meanwhile, is vc 2017 runtime compatible with gsx?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:31:16 pm by Zijunliao »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rare GSX installtion issues in p3d v4
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:35:34 pm »
So, unlike the case mentioned in the previous link, the other thing is that I want to know is there a way to reinstall the entire gsx from scratch and do a completely ' clean install'? I know it is a very rare problem and I really appreciate your support. Meanwhile, is vc 2017 runtime compatible with gsx?

It's no use reinstalling GSX because, if it's not running because of missing/corrupted VC++ libraries in your system, reinstalling would't make any difference, since you MUST act on the missing/corrupted libraries instead.

And no, you cannot mix different version of the runtimes, they are not backward compatible and each software in your system requires a specific version of them, which must be installed.

GSX is directly dependent from the 2013 and 2015 version of the VC++ runtime redistributable, and because of Simconnect, it's also indirectly dependent on the 2005 SP1 version too.

This thread here will list some suggestions how to proceed, and if was fixed in the end, because in the case, the user was having issues with the 2005 version of the runtimes:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17389.0.html

Zijunliao

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 08:32:48 pm »
Hello there
     Thanks for your support. I am still working on figuring out the VC library missing components. Maybe it is easier to reinstall the system?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 10:39:58 am »
Thanks for your support. I am still working on figuring out the VC library missing components. Maybe it is easier to reinstall the system?

It's probably easier to first try to uninstall ALL the 2005, 2013 and 2015 runtimes (BOTH x64 and x86 versions), and reinstall them all (BOTH x64 and x86 versions), and see if it changes anything.

Zijunliao

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »
Thank you.
Just wondering when reinstalling the VC, should I go with the files downloaded from Microsoft or should I allow the GSX installation package to prompt the VC 2013 installation window?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:05 pm »
Just wondering when reinstalling the VC, should I go with the files downloaded from Microsoft or should I allow the GSX installation package to prompt the VC 2013 installation window?

GSX only comes with the x86 version of the VC2013/2015 runtimes and, it will skip the installation if your version is newer (a newer build of the same version) so, it won't be able to fix a problem with a newer version. And, it won't fix any issues with the 2005 runtime, which is not required by GSX directly, but by the Simconnect client engine used by it.

That's why I said to:

- Uninstall ALL the 2005, 2013 and 2015 runtimes (BOTH x64 and x86 versions)

- Reinstall them all (BOTH x64 and x86 versions), using downloads from the MS website.

It's possible you'll have to restart Windows after all the installations.

Zijunliao

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 02:58:10 pm »
Thank you. Will try to do so.

Zijunliao

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 04:01:42 pm »
Hello there
            I reinstalled all of the vc runtimes as instructed(including restarting the computer). However, it seems like the problem is not resolved. I posted a screenshot of my VC configuration below, can you support anything run from there? Thank you for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:45 am »
I reinstalled all of the vc runtimes as instructed(including restarting the computer). However, it seems like the problem is not resolved. I posted a screenshot of my VC configuration below, can you support anything run from there?

The screenshot is totally useless, since it only says which installers you ran, but it doesn't say anything if they are *working* or there are conflicts between them. For example, MS at some time released a buggy version of the 2010 runtime, which screwed operation to software using the 2005 version...

Are you realty SURE you uninstalled ALL 6 runtimes and reinstall them all ? I'll list them again:

- The VC++ 2005 runtime, SP1 version, in both x86 and x64 versions

- The VC++ 2013 runtime, in both x86 and x64 versions

- The VC++ 2015 runtime, in both x86 and x64 versions

If you haven't Uninstalled AND Reinstalled all six of them ( and pay attention to the 2005 version, which must be the SP1 version ), you can't be sure they are working.

If you think you are sure you did all of that, and you are SURE you disabled the antivirus, then please follow ALL the steps explained in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14319.msg105559.html#msg105559

First, try the Simconnect diagnostic mode, then download the Dependency Walker utility as explained in that thread, and see which errors is reporting, which should point out to the missing library in your system which is preventing the software from starting.