Author Topic: Need to reset couatl every time I start P3D  (Read 1362 times)

Pirateinparadise

Need to reset couatl every time I start P3D
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:19:03 pm »
Umberto,

I've been having this problem for a long time and I have not had any luck fixing it. Every time I start a scenario, there are no jetways. I need to run either 'Restart Couatl', or 'Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache' to get them to appear. There is nothing indicating a problem in either couatl.log or couatl.err. I can't remember the last time it just started up with jetways on it's own. 

Do you have any suggestions for things I can check? Does SODE's position in the scenery library order matter?

The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need to reset couatl every time I start P3D
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:22:12 pm »
You surely don't have to do this, normally.

Unless you use 3rd party utilities to switch between alternate AFCAD, which rename files, and these changes cannot always detected automatically by GSX, not at least unless we made it unnecessarily slow, by checking each and every .BGL file for modification (we only check the folder last modification date, not all the files inside it, because it's obviously much faster, by in some case, renames cannot be detected this way).

If you are not doing any of this, and you are 100% sure no .BGL has changed between that session, then please provide more information about your configuration, because it's surely not normal you would have to do this.

Just to clarify: I restart the sim like HUNDREDS of times PER DAY, which is what developers always do, and I never, ever, had to "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache", and I always have all jetways at every single start, of course.

But it's possible that, on a system very taxed with too many addons, GSX might not have enough time to "talk" with the sim, because everybody is trying to do the same thing at the same time. Do you use 3rd party weather engine and something like UT Live perhaps ? Those are both known to generate a lot of traffic over Simconnect (the big pause before Traffic get injected in UT Live is telling), and might affect GSX.