Author Topic: Parking Issues  (Read 1661 times)

njuser

Parking Issues
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:43:33 am »
Hi Everyone,
I'm running into a problem initiating my ground services at numerous airports.  Using P3D v4.1.  This is a new problem that seems to have occurred out of no where.  I haven't made any new installs or significant changes.  It looks like I am properly parked at a spot and will try to initiate ground services.  Instead of being given the typical options to board, etc, GSX is asking me to select my parking spot (so not identifying that I am actually at one).  If I ask GSX to warp me to the assigned spot, it puts the plane in the middle of a building.  Obviously seems like an AFCAD issue.  But I haven't had this problem before.  FSDreamTeam LAX just worked fine.  FlyTampa Dubai and ORBX Melbourne did not.  I've used all these airports successfully in the past with GSX.  I ran the FSDT Live Update, updated couatl, reloaded airport cache, and even tried renaming AFCADs that I thought were the culprits to .off.  No luck.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
Seth
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:08:55 pm by njuser »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:46:10 am »
Obviously seems like an AFCAD issue.

Of course it is, and it doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

You just have to remove the offending AFCAD, and the GSX parking customization page will tell you which AFCAD is being used by GSX, which will give you an idea what the problem is.

If you only rename a file, you must select the "Restart and rebuild Cache" from the Couatl settings menu, because renames cannot be detected automatically, since GSX doesn't check each and every file for modifications (it would be very slow if it tried to do that), but only the scenery folder last modification date, and that doesn't change if you only rename a file inside of it.

That's why you must select the "Restart and rebuild Cache" after a rename.