Author Topic: Wrong Drive For GSX? **SOLVED**  (Read 10595 times)

Rcca

Wrong Drive For GSX? **SOLVED**
« on: February 26, 2018, 08:51:15 pm »
Question, The GSX I purchased from the Pilot Shop, Designed by FSDreamTeam, is this a trial? I also purchased for the Disc. Total $43.90,  Also, I was given a Key Code, never told me to put it in after receiving it and downloading the GSX?
I clicked on the GSX setup, and GSX came up to put it in the default C:\ Program Files (x86)Addon Manager, something like that! It gave me the choice if I would like to select a different folder, click Browser, I did because, my FSX is in my "G" drive, it is what I have been doing for years, so I Put the GSX folder in my FSX Folder, my OS on the "C" drive only has70GB, would cost to much $$$$ to buy a larger drive for the OS, and migrate Window 10 to it, I have also a F, D, drive and the G, "G" SSD drive is dictated just for my FSX installed for years when I bought my Desktop PC. The D drive has File called Program Files x86, not the the G drive. NEVER moved my FSX, always been in my G drive.
OK, now for some reason the SODA ( Module) Platform Manager 1.5.3 would not installed, I click on Register and Activate, would not do it, clicked the X, anyway, followed next step, GSX said,”Finished” click on finished.
 Found out why GSX Module did not go right, Opened GSX Add-on Manager in FSX folder, brought up their PDF "ReadMe instructions, "said, Warning: If you "moved, meaning also installed without updating the information's in the registry, 3rd party Add-ons, referring to GSX will probably fail to detect FSX correctly, an so on. So I cannot run and use the GSX Add-on I bought.
I register to FSDreamTeam forum, to ask them for HELP! but when you register I have to wait for approval to join their forum. Just got Approve to login today of 2-26-18.
I would love to get your wonderful product in FSX and working, “it looks so COOL YouTube”!  
May have made my mistake installing GSX in the wrong drive and folder?
This is the 1st time of having a Addon Manager, is it to be installed outside of FSX in the G drive, or where, what would be the steps for me to do, I'm confused, and I have a hard time following instructions. Sorry for the long post, also have a hard time posting what to say.
If I get the GSX to work, do I have to make any changes in any files of the CFG, and airports to show a working GSX, or just go to my FSX Addon Scenery and Activate GSX?
Forgot, I only have FSX SP 1 and 2, no Acceleration, no Prepar3d v3 or v4.
   Thank You much!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:48:47 pm by virtuali »
Cyber Power Desktop PC 64Bits Window10
CPU i7 4790K Model MS 7850 Military MB Intel Z97
Gamer Xtreme Liquid Cool 4.0/4.4GHZ turbo
Memory Ram 8GB
GPU Gigabytes Geforce GTX 1060 6GB ram
C drive SSD OS, G SSD dedicated to FSX.
FSX-GSX also on my Notebook GP62MVR 7RFX-i7 HQ 16GB Memory-GTX 1060 6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong Drive For GSX?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 09:11:28 pm »
Question, The GSX I purchased from the Pilot Shop, Designed by FSDreamTeam, is this a trial?

Of course it is. All our installers are Trial versions.

I also purchased for the Disc. Total $43.90

This was entirely unnecessary and a waste.

We asked retailers to stop giving the option to purchase a disk, since it's useless for our products, considering you can always freely download the installer from our site, so there's no point having a "backup", which is likely to become obsolete (we update installers very often) by the time you'll need a reinstall. But, retailers keep saying that some users like disks, so they continue selling them. But it's totally useless for our products. The ONLY thing that you really need, is your Serial Number.

Also, I was given a Key Code, never told me to put it in after receiving it and downloading the GSX?

GSX manual, Page 3, explains how to activate. It's done in the Addon Manager within the sim, with the "Register Serial" button.

I'm having an hard time understanding exactly your issue but, in general, your first mistake was assuming the Addon Manager should go INTO the FSX folder, which is surely possible, but not advisable.

The default location was in  C:\Program Files (x86)Addon Manager, because that's the default location for every Windows program, according to your Windows installation. You said you don't have enough space on C: so, the correct choice would just select another drive that has enough space, and NOT necessarily the one FSX is installed into.

So, for example, if you have enough space on G:, just select G:, and the installer will install into G:\Addon Manager, without messing up your FSX folder.

Now, if you want to UNDO everything, and be able to select a different folder, do as follows:

- Uninstall GSX

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS will allow you to re-select a new installation destination on the next install.

- Reinstall GSX, choose G: drive, for example, which will install into G:\Addon manager, which is perfectly fine location, if you have enough space on G:

If I get the GSX to work, do I have to make any changes in any files of the CFG, and airports to show a working GSX, or just go to my FSX Addon Scenery and Activate GSX?

There's nothing you must do. It will appear at any airport if you press its Hotkey (CTRL+Shift+F12). I strongly suggest reading the manual, because this is really the most basic question.

Rcca

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 09:49:42 pm »
Question, The GSX I purchased from the Pilot Shop, Designed by FSDreamTeam, is this a trial?

We asked retailers to stop giving the option to purchase a disk, since it's useless for our products, considering you can always freely download the installer from our site, so there's no point having a "backup", which is likely to become obsolete (we update installers very often) by the time you'll need a reinstall. But, retailers keep saying that some users like disks, so they continue selling them. But it's totally useless for our products. The ONLY thing that you really need, is your Serial Number.

Also, I was given a Key Code, never told me to put it in after receiving it and downloading the GSX?

GSX manual, Page 3, explains how to activate. It's done in the Addon Manager within the sim, with the "Register Serial" button.

I'm having an hard time understanding exactly your issue but, in general, your first mistake was assuming the Addon Manager should go INTO the FSX folder, which is surely possible, but not advisable.

The default location was in  C:\Program Files (x86)Addon Manager, because that's the default location for every Windows program, according to your Windows installation. You said you don't have enough space on C: so, the correct choice would just select another drive that has enough space, and NOT necessarily the one FSX is installed into.

So, for example, if you have enough space on G:, just select G:, and the installer will install into G:\Addon Manager, without messing up your FSX folder.

Now, if you want to UNDO everything, and be able to select a different folder, do as follows:

- Uninstall GSX

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS will allow you to re-select a new installation destination on the next install.

- Reinstall GSX, choose G: drive, for example, which will install into G:\Addon manager, which is perfectly fine location, if you have enough space on G:

There's nothing you must do. It will appear at any airport if you press its Hotkey (CTRL+Shift+F12). I strongly suggest reading the manual, because this is really the most basic question.
HI Virtuali,
Thank you for your quick reply, my problem question, which you answered, " where do you install the Addon Manager" I will do that, do I use the uninstalled in the GSX folder unins00, or Windows Program and Features-uninstall or Change a Program?
Memory Ram 8GB

Rcca

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 10:03:12 pm »

The default location was in  C:\Program Files (x86)Addon Manager, because that's the default location for every Windows program, according to your Windows installation. You said you don't have enough space on C: so, the correct choice would just select another drive that has enough space, and NOT necessarily the one FSX is installed into.

- Uninstall GSX

HI Virtuali,
Thank you for your quick reply, my problem question, which you answered, #1" where do you install the Addon Manager" I will do that, do I use the uninstalled in the GSX folder unins00, or Windows Program and Features-uninstall or Change a Program? I found that answer from another Post, you said always uninstall All products (both from FSDT and Flightbeam) using the Addon Manager from the Windows Control Panel?
#2 I hope the SODA Module will set up the right way when I make my changes, that was the other reason I posted my problem that I mentioned?
virtual, bare with me, I'm not to savey on following instruction and on the PC. I'll see and try today between Honey Do's ha! ha! She thinks or feels I wasted my money because of the problem I'm having, I told her,"FSDT is helping out now" May have more question(s), I'll bone up on reading like you said.
#3 When does the  GSX trial run out, when it ask for my Key Code? Opps! now I saw the Link for this answer.

Thank You

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:33:39 pm by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

Rcca

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:41:51 am »
Only happens to me!
I uninstalled the all GTS at Windows Add and Remove Programs, reinstall GSX, put it in my G drive outside of my FSX, says it's installing, after that, then the SimObject Display Engine comes up, said wait while Windows configures SimObject Display Engine, Gathering required information, the Circle in the center of it just keeps spinning for ever? Behind it is the SODA installer Information says click OK, I didn't because the Display Engine still spinning, also behind the SODE installer Info. is SODE Platform Manager 1.5.3, Behind that one is the Setup-FS dream GSX, says Installing SODE, please close Windows after Registering it.
The SimObject Display Engine still spinning over a 1/2 hr. I'm closing all down and uninstalling GSX, I'll restart my PC after removing, may reinstall it again latter, wife asking to do a favor now.
What am I doing wrong?

New UPDATE:GSX seems to be working now.
Just for now everything seems to be working. I did shut down GSX as stated above info. Fired up FSX did like you told, clicked on CTRL+SHIFT-F12, gave me 3 airports, choose EDDM choose a default plane 737, brought it in to park, Clicked on SHIFT+F, went down from 1-7,everything seem to work, I guess the SODE is working. Oh! when I fired up before clicking airport, several pop up game up to click on Run software, like example:Coualt Scripting Engine for FSX/P3D, I clicked on all of them on the Run to run the software.
I read the manual page4, how to Active GSX, I don't see it? any Ideas? did the GSX trial get all loaded in?
 I just need to know if I have everything in the GSX for FSX to Active it being the set to me did not go to smoothly as stated in my post.
I finally figured it out, I got to fire up FSX click on top right Add-on, click on the Addon Manager, enter Alt+Enter, I saw the Register Serial #
I also clicked on top Menu and to check SODE DLL said, "up and Running" Trial and error with me.
I did the Live update, looks like OK.
I wonder why my setup went bonkers, yet looks like everything is OK? if anyone can chime in for any other test for me, please do. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:38:43 pm by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:41:05 am »
I wonder why my setup went bonkers, yet looks like everything is OK? if anyone can chime in for any other test for me, please do. Thank you.

It seems that everything it's working now. Yes, activation sometimes might not work in full screen mode, but it depends on the video card, drivers, and settings so, it's not the same.

Rcca

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:08:40 am »

It seems that everything it's working now. Yes, activation sometimes might not work in full screen mode, but it depends on the video card, drivers, and settings so, it's not the same.
OK, thank you for replying,
I printed out all manuals, I like the paper stuff, even though I can read them from my PC
So on thing did not come up was the Follow Me, is that in the Trial only or when there is no parking?
When I Register my Serial numbers to activate full GSX, I don't click on the buy, then, enter the serial numbers, didn't I already buy? don't I just click on Register?
Love your hard work on GSX, tell the team too! Looks great! Showed the wife, she said," WOW! amazing" thank you.
I guess paying  the Pilot Shop, then goes to FSDT dept.which that money is in your bank, like I paid for it, so if a person  decides he wants it, it's already paid for put that person click on Register it to activate it? I never had a Trial Product, forgive me for my stupidity. The manual l always says, " How to BUY, IF I decide to BUY"  another words is it like saying, to me, if I want it? just Register?
Read the Manual again, on buying and choosing what to buy, and avtivate, if I'm wrong, must be talking about if someone got your trial from your website, and decides he wants the GSX, then he has to buy it> me I bought it at the Pilot Shop, just have to Register it to active the full GSX if I'm understanding it?
I think reading page 15 towards the bottom is the answer for me?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:16:30 am by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

Rcca

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 07:13:19 am »

OK, thank you for replying,
I printed out all manuals, I like the paper stuff, even though I can read them from my PC
So on thing did not come up was the Follow Me, is that in the Trial only or when there is no parking?
When I Register my Serial numbers to activate full GSX, I don't click on the buy, then, enter the serial numbers, didn't I already buy? don't I just click on Register?
Love your hard work on GSX, tell the team too! Looks great! Showed the wife, she said," WOW! amazing" thank you.
I guess paying  the Pilot Shop, then goes to FSDT dept.which that money is in your bank, like I paid for it, so if a person  decides he wants it, it's already paid for put that person click on Register it to activate it? I never had a Trial Product, forgive me for my stupidity. The manual l always says, " How to BUY, IF I decide to BUY"  another words is it like saying, to me, if I want it? just Register?
Read the Manual again, on buying and choosing what to buy, and avtivate, if I'm wrong, must be talking about if someone got your trial from your website, and decides he wants the GSX, then he has to buy it> me I bought it at the Pilot Shop, just have to Register it to active the full GSX if I'm understanding it?
I think reading page 15 towards the bottom is the answer for me?

Anyone?
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 09:31:27 am »
I'm not really sure what you are asking, your message is quite confusing. Activation is clearly explained at Page 3 of the GSX manual, and it's done with the "Register Serial" button on the Addon Manager.

Rcca

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 10:48:35 am »
I'm not really sure what you are asking, your message is quite confusing. Activation is clearly explained at Page 3 of the GSX manual, and it's done with the "Register Serial" button on the Addon Manager.
on Page 3, it's click on the Buy, didn't I already buy it at the Pilot Shop? , confusing, asuming I don't have to buy it, more money to buy? when I get to page 15, at bottom, " Activating my Serial Number"  I have a serial number, says, " This is the last step before able to use the product in the Flight Simulator: I need to Activate the Serial number I received with the purchase. The is the main difference between the Standard Buy and "Buy on the Web"  and so on, then has the steps below with 5 Dots of me what to do.
So do I click on the Buy, or just Register my Serial number. I think when I clicked on buy, it took me to a screen from Addon Manager in the FSX  adons Charlott  Douglas International Airport, is this just if I want this as extra addonsI don't have a coupon?  so  it would cost me $29.00 more on top of the $38.95 for Full/Trial addon. or do I just click, not Buy, or just click on Register my Serial Number that would?, just clicking on Register, would that give me full GSX, If I just click on Addon Manager , Virtuali Buy and Manage Product comes up, at bottom, has Buy, Buy on Web/PayPal ,Register Serial,Reinstall, Web Site,
When I click on just Register Number, a box comes up to Enter Serial Number in box says, FSDTKCLT-..........My Serial Number th Pilot Shop gave me starts out with,  I'll just put the 1st 7 letters:FSDTGSX-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx,  does this give me the full activation GSX, what gives me full all airpots of GSX, Sorry confused, I told you I have a hard time followin intstructions, and typing of what I want to say, Sorry! OH! and why is the last 3 letter different than the FSDT Register Serial letters?
All I want to do is Register/Activate that GSX to give  with all airports with out Buying anything? I want full blown GSX, so if I click on to Buy want to do just to register, and activate. Wow! never had a addon or Game trial like I said before.
When I see Publisher names and Product on the page Virtuali/Buy and Manage Product, is that to buy extra addon? you said,  or I read when GSX is activated from, not the trial, then GSX works in all airports and most 3rd party addons, so what do I got to do without buying anything else besides GSX?

Why is My Register Serial last 3 letters GSX different bought at Pilot Shop, and the Addon Manager when I click on Register Serial last 4 letters are KCLT?
How or where is GSX, what to click on in the  Addon Manager going to  give me all my airports, and 3rd party airports for GSX, since the trial gives only 3 airport for GSX to work?

Ok, tell me if I'm right, When I did a test run, BUY and Register Serial, I fired up my FSX, I bought the GSX running the trial, I clicked on Addon Manager, I see Publisher and Product, when I click on BUY,  shows the all the Addons, publisher to Buy I see, I don't what to buy anything in the Buy-Addons. When I clicked on just Register Serial, brings up long square BOX only to put in Register Serial, 8 letters are already there, so my question above, why my and Serial is different, found out! I can just add my serial in. So being I don't what to BUY addons, I guess I just, only click on Register Serial only to ACTIVATE. So if I'm wrong, then I will really be confused! Please LET ME Know? thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:19:47 pm by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 01:20:14 pm »
When I click on just Register Number, a box comes up to Enter Serial Number in box says, FSDTKCLT-

Since you bought GSX, why you chose to activate Charlotte ? If you want to activate GSX, you should select GSX for activation.

Rcca

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 08:36:27 pm »
When I click on just Register Number, a box comes up to Enter Serial Number in box says, FSDTKCLT-

Since you bought GSX, why you chose to activate Charlotte ? If you want to activate GSX, you should select GSX for activation.
I did not select KCLT, I clicked cancel, I was just testing, clicking on the Register Serial  Box, I found out it was just giving me a sample of how I should type my serial letters using the letters, GSX instead of KCLT in that Box, Register Serial.
I should of said to you, found out the Box was a sample, ((Example) how too!
OK, I think I got it now, I'll try it some time today day or latter of just clicking on the Reg,Serial putting in GSX, not KCLT.
Sorry for the confusion, and being so patient with me. Thank you so much.
YAHOO! been ACTIVATED! 1st time Key Code said was wrong, 2nd time, got the wife after me loosing more head hair, she said to me," make the O letters to number 0" It Activated.
I showed her the picture that I took with my cell phone of the GSX of the Key Code entry, she said," looks right to her and me, we looked at it several times.
She also said, "to bad the numbers don't have a line through it when the website sends me the Key Codes? but that would be a can of worms, impossble?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:32:51 am by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

Rcca

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 04:30:55 am »

I did not select KCLT, I clicked cancel, I was just testing, clicking on the Register Serial  Box, I found out it was just giving me a sample of how I should type my serial letters using the letters, GSX instead of KCLT in that Box, Register Serial.
I should of said to you, found out the Box was a sample, ((Example) how too!
OK, I think I got it now, I'll try it some time today day or latter of just clicking on the Reg,Serial putting in GSX, not KCLT.
Sorry for the confusion, and being so patient with me. Thank you so much.

YAHOO! been ACTIVATED! 1st time Key Code said was wrong, 2nd time, got the wife after me loosing more head hair, she said to me," make the O letters to number 0" It Activated.
I showed her the picture that I took with my cell phone of the GSX of the Key Code entry, she said," looks right to her and me, we looked at it several times.
She also said, "to bad the number 0 don't have a line through it when the website sends me the Key Codes? but that would be a can of worms?

NOW! I hope for my last question, the Addon Manager the GSX says, "Product in Trial Mode", after GSX was Activated now says, "Not installed in the Scenery Library" where and how?, I thought you said I did not  need to do anything else after Register Serial and Activating GSX?

Now I'm confused again, fired up FSX, there is nothing that I can see in the FSX settings/Scenery library/add area/Addon Scenery.
I fired up FSX again, my saved flight, seattle all ready in Jet way, told me, plane to big for parking in Jetway, changed it to a737-800, clicked on Cntrl + F12, 1-7 was there to de-board passengers,and so on, that all GSX worked, so why is Addon Manager tells me"Not "installed in the Scenery Library", use to say trial after I activated the GSX, does that now mean the Products just mean to BUY next to the Publisher,(optional)?
Is the "Not installed in the Scenery" talking about Buy the Quality Products addons?
Normally when I add a shareware scenery, I put it in the settings/ scenery Library/ add area/addon Scenery/Scenery  and click Ok to activate, something in that order, is that what it's talking about? is GSX scenery install there too?
like you told me Register Serial, just to Activate GSX and nothing else?
Where does GSX addons/Scenery put it's addons if it is all self installing? Doesn't all go in the GSX Addon Manager Folder?

Anyone?

After activated GSX, I click on the  FSDT Live updates too!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:08:55 am by Rcca »
Memory Ram 8GB

Rcca

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 12:17:45 am »
Can anyone answer my Quotes above please, since I'm sure beginning I'm new here, been trying to read a lot about, and always something new of a problem comes up that can't find the answer, that someone must or can answer my problem? Thank you if you can come up with a answer?
Memory Ram 8GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 11:15:22 am »
I did not select KCLT

Yes, you had. That's why the program already pre-filled the code with FSDTKCLT, so it would have been obvious what was expecting from you: it assumed you wanted to activate KCLT, because that what you selected before pressing the "Register Serial" option.

Had you done the correct operation to activate GSX, which of course was selecting *GSX* for activation before pressing the button, the code would start with FSDTGSX, so you only had to type the rest.

Of course it has. That's a very common mistake users do, and I believe there's a MESSAGE in the activation which tells you EXACTLY that: I'm copying it from the error message which comes after you mis-type the serial number:

"Be sure you type it correctly and don't confuse the letter O with the number 0, or the letter S with the number 5"

She also said, "to bad the numbers don't have a line through it when the website sends me the Key Codes? but that would be a can of worms, impossble?

I don't fully understand you here. The Serial in your purchase receipt surely has hyphens so, of course, you must enter them too. Just make it IDENTICAL, that shouldn't be too difficult to understand...