Products Support > Zurich scenery for FSX/P3D

P3Dv4 Fatal flashing around terminal buildings

<< < (3/3)

Morten:
Most of the time I end up agreeing with you Umberto.
This time however I don't agree with you at all - what I see is a lot of excuses for doing nothing to solve problems to a completely outdated product.

My guess is, that if there wasn't another well known dealer with the exact same airport in an updated version then you would be more than willing to invest in an update.

Although, as always a freely outspoken, temperamental and interesting debate here, I will quit the discussion for now - uninstall my FSDT Zurich version and get myself an updated version from the other dealer.     

Cheers,
Morten 

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Morten on March 01, 2018, 10:30:49 pm ---This time however I don't agree with you at all - what I see is a lot of excuses for doing nothing to solve problems to a completely outdated product.
--- End quote ---

You haven't got any "excuses".

You only got the honest truth, which we have limited resources (the author of the scenery it's the same person that made KORD and KJFK), and we have other sceneries that are more in demand of an upgrade, compared to this minor issue that seems to happen only with a very peculiar configuration (a specific version of driver of a specific card, used with 8 monitors).

It's a matter of priorities. I want to respectfully add that, you bought the scenery 7 years ago, when the only supported simulators were FS9 and FSX.

We had P3D 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 and FSX:SE in the meantime, and while we always updated our installers and the scenery (when required) to support all these new sim, at no time you were ever asked to pay a cent to keep using your original FS9/FSX purchase into these new simulators. And it DOES work, per your own report, with a different version of a driver.

--- Quote ---My guess is, that if there wasn't another well known dealer with the exact same airport in an updated version then you would be more than willing to invest in an update.
--- End quote ---

It's exactly the opposite: Zurich is not in top priority for an update, because that other version doesn't seem to be that great, and surely not clearly better, if not worse:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/498039-which-zurich-fsdt-or-aerosoft/

Morten:

--- Quote ---at no time you were ever asked to pay a cent to keep using your original FS9/FSX purchase into these new simulators
--- End quote ---

I would much rather pay my fair cheer for your updates instead of all this recycling FS8 garbage...
Noticed now that KORD also starts to flicker.    

virtuali:

--- Quote ---I would much rather pay my fair cheer for your updates instead of all this recycling FS8 garbage...
--- End quote ---

Each and every scenery out there which is not P3D native, is full of FS8 code. Even if you are willing to pay, it takes A LOT of time to redo a scenery for P3D4, especially if the airport has changed in the meantime.

--- Quote ---Noticed now that KORD also starts to flicker.  
--- End quote ---

On your system only. KORD works perfectly fine for everybody, it's only dramatically out of date, which is why it will be the first one to get a complete P3D4 remake.

Bob Savo:
Im sure ,but i remember having a flashing issue with the terminal six years ago when i used to have FSX. I think i reduced the FPS from unlimited to 25 to 30 and that solved it for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version