Author Topic: Default library objects missing  (Read 2725 times)

efpg0708

Default library objects missing
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:36:00 am »
Hi guys.

After I installed KLAX and KLAS, almost all my default terminal buildings and jetways have gone missing. I reinstalled FSX, and got them back. Reinstalled KLAX and KLAS again, and again default terminal buildings and jetways went missing in default airports. Any ideas why this could be happening ? Does the addon manager install any excludes that might be causing this ?

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default library objects missing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:56:09 pm »
- Be sure you install only using the current version of the installer.

- Check if you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the FSX "Addons" folder

- Reinstall with the antivirus disabled, and configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

efpg0708

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:45 pm »
Thanks for the answer.

Perhaps I wasn’t very clear on my first post. The objects missing are not FSDT scenery objects, but default library objects on default sceneries and on addons that use them. For example, if a addon scenery uses default FSX jetways/terminal buildings, they don’t show up in FSX. All the objects on the FSDT sceneries are ok.

I have the latest version of the Addon Manager, and I’ve installed both sceneries (KLAS ans KLAX) with the download exe on the website about 5 months ago.

I don’t want to reinstall FSX again. Is there any exclude or something that these sceneries install that may keep the default objects from showing ?

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 10:22:19 pm »
Perhaps I wasn’t very clear on my first post. The objects missing are not FSDT scenery objects, but default library objects on default sceneries and on addons that use them. For example, if a addon scenery uses default FSX jetways/terminal buildings, they don’t show up in FSX. All the objects on the FSDT sceneries are ok.

Sorry, I misunderstood you: I thought you were missing buildings in the FSDT sceneries only.

There's one file we require to patch in the default library, and it's the vehicles_airport.bgl file, in the FSX\scenery\Global\scenery folder, and the only change we do to that file, is to disable the default pushback Truck, which would conflict with the GSX one.

So, the installer will first create a backup of the original file, named vehicles_airport.gsx, then will patch it to exclude the truck. This always work, and nobody ever reported a problem with it, but maybe something did go wrong during the installation, most likely (again), due to antivirus interference.

So, check if you have the named vehicles_airport.gsx file and, if you have it, rename it to named vehicles_airport.bgl, so you'll get the default file back. However, this will restore the default truck back on so, you might want to retry the installation, to be sure the file is patched properly.