Author Topic: The ladder ruins my screenshots, please put back regular air stairs for cargo  (Read 4728 times)

p3dx3

Please put back regular airstairs or give the option to use either that or the ladder for freighters, thanks!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The ladder was added because some user suggested it was unrealistic to have passenger stairs on a cargo plane. Have a look here at 31:00

While the ladder is a bit beefier than the one we have right now in GSX, it definitely looks very different from a passenger stairs. We might try to add this model to GSX, but no way we are putting passenger stairs back, since they would look even more wrong.

p3dx3

The ladder was added because some user suggested it was unrealistic to have passenger stairs on a cargo plane. Have a look here at 31:00

While the ladder is a bit beefier than the one we have right now in GSX, it definitely looks very different from a passenger stairs. We might try to add this model to GSX, but no way we are putting passenger stairs back, since they would look even more wrong.

The type of stairs that comes to a freighter varies airport to airport. You never would get an actual ladder on a large freighter at any big airport. I posted months ago some example pictures that show this. At least give me the option in the gsx menus or aircraft configuration setting please. That video has stand alone stairs but they are stairs not a ladder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You never would get an actual ladder on a large freighter at any big airport.

But you surely wouldn't get a passenger stair, anywhere.

That video I posted it's O'Hare, you cannot get any bigger than that and, if we had to choose from having a totally wrong passenger stairs, and a not-so-wrong ladder, the 2nd option is much better, which is what GSX use now, until we can add a more proper model.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:02:04 pm by virtuali »

Claude

Either the grey stair off to the right of the cockpit view (or the light color stair servicing the 747) are improvements over the existing ladder currently available. Hope you can include in soon.

Claude

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
 In the 40+ hours a week I'm there, I've only seen Airstairs for freighters at YVR.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
In the 40+ hours a week I'm there, I've only seen Airstairs for freighters at YVR.

They must be cheaper at O'Hare then...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Either the grey stair off to the right of the cockpit view (or the light color stair servicing the 747) are improvements over the existing ladder currently available. Hope you can include in soon.

Which is why I said "We might try to add this model to GSX".

It's just that it's a so minor issue ( compared to what we are working now ), that we simply don't have time to do it *NOW*, but it will eventually come, like all the other countless suggestions we got from users, which all eventually ended up being added. Heck, even removing passenger stairs from cargo plane was made following users suggestions...

CrazychrisX1

Just saying..

In Norway we dont use ladders, like in the video above, we use the old fashion vehicle stairs.

And yeah am annoyed that we get this tiny ladder, that is no way realistic, hell if someone where to use those stairs they would probably fall down and break a bone or two..

So it would nice if we could get the passenger stairs at least until you folks add something else that looks a bit more realistic to be honest.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So it would nice if we could get the passenger stairs at least until you folks add something else that looks a bit more realistic to be honest.

Right now, between having passenger stairs on a cargo plane, and a tinier ladder compared to a more solid one (like the one in the video I posted, which I still consider to be a "ladder", although beefier), the less realistic choice would be the first one.

mtbrkhrd

I too hope that the tiny maintenance ladder is soon to be replaced for cargo aircraft. It's just not realistic at all. Think about it, how would any pilot be able to use these if they have some luggage with them?

Here's an example of Amsterdam, regular passenger stairs for a cargo 747:
=12m35s

You can see the stair truck parked to the left of the aircraft while it is taxiing in. And you then see the Captain exiting the aircraft, clearly these are regular passenger stairs.
Yes of course it varies from airport to airport. But never ever is a tiny steep maintenance ladder used as it is currently the case in GSX. So please bring back stairs and get rid of the ladder. Thanks!  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I too hope that the tiny maintenance ladder is soon to be replaced for cargo aircraft. It's just not realistic at all. Think about it, how would any pilot be able to use these if they have some luggage with them?

I'll repeat again my last reply:

Between having passenger stairs on a cargo plane, and a tinier ladder compared to a more solid one (like the one in the video I posted, which I still consider to be a "ladder", although beefier), the less realistic choice would be the first one.

Which doesn't mean the ladder won't be replaced, but we won't put the highly unrealistic passenger stairs right now just because someone asked. It's *because* someone asked (complaining the passenger stair was unrealistic on a cargo plane), that we have a ladder now. It took some effort to listen this that suggestion so, please, just wait, and we'll eventually add a 3rd type of stair.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Today's update added a new stair, like the one seen in the O'Hare video posted earlier in this thread.

Claude

Thanks! It's much more realistic (to me) then the "ladder" it replaced.

Claude