Author Topic: GSX only activates when restarting Couatl  (Read 2782 times)

headley

GSX only activates when restarting Couatl
« on: February 01, 2018, 03:59:29 pm »
Hi,
Like the titel says, mostly GSX only start working or activate (shortcut F12 for me) after i restarted Couatl, even on payware airports. 
It happens not always, difficult to say when or when not.
Maybe this issue is covered already but a search in this forum was not helpfull for now.
Anybody has a clear view on this :)

Thanks
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX only activates when restarting Couatl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 01:01:24 pm »
It's possible you have another addon that use the F12 key ( Ezdok camera, maybe ? ).

This would explain why restarting Couatl "fix" the problem, since if there are two addons trying to use the same key, the last addon loaded is the one that gets it. And, by restarting it, you made sure Couatl was the last one loaded.

Try to be sure no other addon is sharing keys with GSX.

ffantasy67

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Same problem above for me too: shortcut-F12 not opening the GSX menu randomly (restart Couatl solves the issue).
The only addon I recently added is UTLive: not sure it shares any key with GSK, have to check better.

Kind regards,

Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:59:17 pm »
shortcut-F12 not opening the GSX menu randomly

F12 was never supposed to open GSX. Ctrl+Shift+F12 does. So, if you really used to have just F12, it's because you changed it, and using just F12 make it easier to run into conflicts, especially with non flightsim-related software.

Now, addons using only the proper SDK way to detect keystrokes, shouldn't be cause issues and should work if one use F12, another one Shift-F12 and GSX Ctrl+Shift+F12 but, there are addons that reads the keyboard in a different way, so they might have stolen the whole F12 key, with all its combinations of shift keys.

The only addon I recently added is UTLive: not sure it shares any key with GSK, have to check better.

I think it does, since it use some of the the F12 key combinations to change the traffic complexity.

headley

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 12:33:52 pm »
I changed the hotkey back to its default <Ctrl + Shft + F12> but same problem!  Only after restarting couatl GSX comes alive!
Still on p3dv4.1 for now.  I update regularly via couatl live update, but still same result. 
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:21:11 pm »
I changed the hotkey back to its default <Ctrl + Shft + F12> but same problem!  Only after restarting couatl GSX comes alive!

As I've said in my previous reply, this simply means you still have that key conflict with that other addon, and by restarting GSX you allow it to get it back, because the loading order has an effect on this (restarting Couatl would make it being loaded last).

The only solution, which is not obviously a GSX problem (other addons that doesn't even have a "Restart" option, would simply not work unless you solve the key conflict), is to:

1) Change the hotkey in GSX to be something that you are sure is not taken by ANYTHING else

OR

2) Change the hotkey of that other addon to be something that doesn't conflict with GSX, assuming that other addon give you the ability to do so.