Author Topic: GSX Not Recognising P3d V4 at Install  (Read 1613 times)

karlthornerp

GSX Not Recognising P3d V4 at Install
« on: July 20, 2019, 12:15:49 am »
Hi Im sure this has been covered before but none of the threads I have read have yielded a solution for one reason or another.

Upon initialisation of the GSX installer, It prompts me to select additional processes for the install and lists a number of flight sims from FSX all the way to P3d V4 - However these are all greyed out, and no matter where i set the install location for the installer to be it never seems to recognise that P3d is already installed

My current P3d installation location is within Program files (Not x86) > Lockheed martin // the installer also by default tries to set up all the files in Program files x86

If I allow the installation to continue, it completes successfully with no errors or anything, but when i load up P3d - and try to go to add on manager as per the PDF document - GSX doesn't appear to be listed.

Am I missing a step here? or have I done something stupid.

Thanks

Edit ' Screenshot of what Im talking about Attached-

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:23:28 am by karlthornerp »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not Recognising P3d V4 at Install
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:43:57 am »
Hi Im sure this has been covered before but none of the threads I have read have yielded a solution for one reason or another.

yes, of course, it has been discussed and answered so many times, last time just yesterday:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21470.0.html

karlthornerp

Re: GSX Not Recognising P3d V4 at Install
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 07:24:36 pm »
Of-course , I never even considered P3d to be out of date (so used to most programs prompting me to update them) I didn't even realise we were at 4.5 yet  ;D

Thanks for your help, Ill give it a whirl and see if that fixes things (Im guessing it will!)

Edit - CONFIRMED! This was the issue, GSX is now working perfectly, Many Thanks
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:55:34 pm by karlthornerp »