Author Topic: Prepar hangs w/GSX install  (Read 2465 times)

alpha46

Prepar hangs w/GSX install
« on: February 05, 2018, 08:46:08 pm »
Hey guys I usually don't have much issues, but installing prepar3D without GSX, runs without a hitch, I have disable every possible software including Firewalls-Anti Virus, which I also disabled in Services, yet P3D hangs in the task manager,
also to add I downloaded the latest version of GSx.
Suggestions are always welcomed.
Alph46

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar hangs w/GSX install
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:37:13 pm »
GSX surely doesn't hang P3D, and nobody ever reported it before. In any case, it would be helpful if you sad which version of P3D you have.

alpha46

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:52:04 am »
Without GSX install the sim runs without flaw, I have always been a happy customer  and have manage to work my way around, I own a copy of P3D v4. No other add-on

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:22:16 am »
Without GSX install the sim runs without flaw

But as I've said, since this doesn't happen here or anywhere else, and nobody ever reported this, it's clear it's not a GSX problem, but something else in your system which is affecting it.

I own a copy of P3D v4.

That's not nearly enough information. Which version, EXACTLY ?

alpha46

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:48:45 am »
So what could possibly be the problem if I only have the problem when GSX is installed?
And I have seen posts where the issue was been discussed, I thought the developer would be able to be a bit more reasonable and try to find out if just possibly there might be an issue that is been overlooked.
I have been a customer I thought issues. So for something that that I spent my earnings in should get some attention

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:34:50 pm »
So what could possibly be the problem if I only have the problem when GSX is installed?

Why you keep repeating this thing about GSX being the only addon installed ? A LOT of things in your system can cause this, which might not have anything to do with the simulator, most likely system libraries missing/corrupted/conflicting, and since their effect it's not the same, depending on the version of the sim, I've asked about the precise, exact, version of the sim.

So, please, do as requested. Then, after checking that, we'll check other things, and we'll find out what other software (again, NOT necessarily flightsim-related), which affecting GSX.

And I have seen posts where the issue was been discussed, I thought the developer would be able to be a bit more reasonable and try to find out if just possibly there might be an issue that is been overlooked.

And all of them, at their  conclusion, eventually proven it was something else, and GSX was always the victim of some other problem, not the cause.