Author Topic: Have to restart Couatl after arriving at gate.  (Read 2303 times)

Bill721

Have to restart Couatl after arriving at gate.
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:49 pm »
Scenario:  On approach I select the gate and carrier.  The Marshal is dispatched fine.  I land, arrive at gate, and the marshal parks and scores me fine.  Then I try to load the taxiway and it says waiting for the previous command to complete.  I wait and wait.  I have to restart Couatl and then everything works fine.  It happens at all airports I've flown to.  Is there something I'm missing???  I would think after it grades my parking and the marshal walks off it should be complete so I can go to the next procedure without having to restart Couatl. 

Thanks in advance for your input

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Have to restart Couatl after arriving at gate.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 12:16:08 am »
Please clarify your precise, exact, sequence of operations, because it's not normal and nobody ever reported it before. No, of course you don't have to restart Couatl each time.

However, this might be *possibly* related to something you did on departure instead. Check if you see any difference if you don't call GSX at all on departure, just on arrival.

Bill721

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:30:02 am »
This time I didn't  use GSX at all during departure.  Flying PMDG 737-700 KMEM - KLIT.  I get close to KLIT I open GSX via Cntl F12.  I select gate 7 and Delta Airlines.  GSX says Marshal dispatched.  I land taxi to Gate 7.  The Marshal is waiting on me.  He counts down as I approach parking.  GSX says shut down engines.  I get my grade for parking.  The Marshal walks off.  I open GSX and select taxiway, all the GSX vehicles disappear and when I open GSX and scroll down to gateway it says.  'operated gateway requested, waiting for other services to complete'

The only way to fix it is restart couatl select airlines and then operate gate and everything works fine with no issues.

Let me know what else you would like me to look at.  I ran FSDT Live update earlier prior to the flight.

I'm running GSX ver 2.2.0.2

Bill
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:52:21 am by Bill721 »

Bill721

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:02:34 pm »
Did another flight from KMCO TO KMEM (FSDT Airport).  Same issue FYI

Do I need to uninstall GSX completely and then reinstall the current full installer file from the FSDT website?

If so what is the best way to completely remove GSX from P3dv4.1?

Bill
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:05:47 pm by Bill721 »

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »
Constantly having to restart Couatl is something you just have to get used to. About half the time when I try to initiate a pushback, the tug never comes and I have to restart Couatl and try again.