Author Topic: Aerosoft Approaching Dortmund -> cannot assign front stairs  (Read 2695 times)

Er!k

Aerosoft Approaching Dortmund -> cannot assign front stairs
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:35:19 am »
Just parked at gate 7, and using GSX for ground services. No front stairs was placed, and when trying to customize, GSX indicates that in the BGL a jetway is assigned to this spot (normally I can change this setting, but it is greyed out). So no stairs can be used. I have checked the AFCAD, and indeed it contains jetways, in fact in Dortmund they are moving tunnels.

Any ideas of a fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft Approaching Dortmund -> cannot assign front stairs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:23 am »
Just parked at gate 7, and using GSX for ground services. No front stairs was placed, and when trying to customize, GSX indicates that in the BGL a jetway is assigned to this spot (normally I can change this setting, but it is greyed out). So no stairs can be used. I have checked the AFCAD, and indeed it contains jetways, in fact in Dortmund they are moving tunnels.

There's nothing to fix in GSX, since it's correctly recognizing a jetway in the AFCAD, so it won't display front stairs, which is the correct behavior.

The editor is greyed out, since there is a jetway in the .BG. That option was only intended to tell GSX about a fake/static jetway, not to let it forget an existing one. But why the airport has jetways in the AFCAD which are not visible ?

Er!k

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »
Hi Umberto, I am not sure, but there are some jetway tunnels at this airport and I think Aerosoft coded them as normal jetways? Any options to work around this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:33:23 pm »
Any options to work around this?

The inability to unset a jetway it's just an editor (intentional) limitation, since we never anticipated a case were users would want to have front stairs on a parking that has a jetway, but the program itself will recognize a disabled jetway through an airport .INI file.

So, you can go to the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, and edit the .INI file for the scenery which should be there, if you made a least a modifcation to it, and change the lines that says

hasjetway = 1

into

hasjetway = 0

For each parking that has a jetway that you want to disable, in order to get front stairs.

Note that, in order for the parking to appear there, you must at least a change to it with the GSX editor, regardless how small it is, otherwise the parking won't be listed in the .INI file. You might change something like the maximum wingspan, for example, setting it to a good value for the typical largest airplane that can go there. If you do it by selecting (CTRL+Click) multiple parkings at time, all the ones that you need to disable the jetway, it should be very quick.

Once you have all the parkings listed in the .INI file, should be easy to change all their "hasjetway" commands from 1 to 0.

Then, after saving the modified .INI file, Restart Couatl from the menu to see your changes, and the editor will show "No Jetway".

Er!k

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »
Thanks Umberto, that did the trick!