Author Topic: Re positioning Aircraft  (Read 2188 times)

paulh1

Re positioning Aircraft
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:56:59 am »
Hi All

I have just purchased GSX. I am running PMDG Queen of the Skies 747 on Prepar3d v4 64 bit, on windows 10

When ever I place my aircraft at the gate, it is always about 3 meters to far forward. I know how to use the editor to move it back
into the correct position. But I cant seen to do it for all gates in every airport, or, so it is a default setting.
Can anyone explain how to change the position permanantly for all airports.
Also when the jetway comes to the L2 door, it does not quiet line up, as the jetway seems to be about .5 of a metre to low.
How do I correct the alignment?

Regards Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re positioning Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
Can anyone explain how to change the position permanantly for all airports

You can't, and you should't, because every airport and every gate is different. Have you read the explanation at pages 33-34 of the GSX manual, about how the stop position is calculated ?

Also when the jetway comes to the L2 door, it does not quiet line up, as the jetway seems to be about .5 of a metre to low.

It's not very clear what do you mean with "the jetway". A jetway of a default airport ? If yes, it's totally unrelated to GSX, and the only think that controls it, is the aircraft.cfg file.

A jetway of a 3rd party airport that uses SODE, instead, use the GSX door configuration, provided you call it from the GSX menu, not the SODE menu (in that case, it's affected by the SODE airplane config).