Author Topic: FSCaptain users would love this in GSX! Please do consider!  (Read 2581 times)

Noel

FSCaptain users would love this in GSX! Please do consider!
« on: December 31, 2017, 06:01:57 pm »
Caro Signore Umberto,

There is a lovely utility called FSCaptain that many use for monitoring their pilot career and I just love it.   It scores each flight and is currently able to 'read' certain status states in GSX and as a result plays well w/ GSX.  One feature I had asked their development team to consider is to give points if the pilot is able to park perfectlly at the end of the flight, where the best outcome in GSX is, 'Very Good Parking!'  According to their developers, they may be able to do it with access to a couple more published local variables.

It is begging to be able to read how well we are able to PARK, in GSX.  Their developers say they don't have the local variables needed to be able to do this, and the last correspondence w/ them here was their comment:

"My guess is they would need to publish two more LVARs to have us know the status of their parking distances - I would think of them as "Distance To Parking" and "Offset From Parking"."  This came from Travis, one of the principles at FSCaptain.

Please please consider helping FSCaptain with this Signore Umberto.   FSCaptain is a really nice program and this would expand on the current interoperability between GSX and FSCaptain that all users of FSCaptain will enjoy, and perhaps becomes yet another reason for them to pick up GSX if they haven't already.  I really love GSX and this would add some incentive to go for that perfect parking!

Grazie Signore Umberto!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:05:02 pm by Noel »

airbumps

Re: FSCaptain users would love this in GSX! Please do consider!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 07:13:25 pm »
Agreed! I use FSCaptain for every flight and love it. Great add on. The more interaction between it and GSX the better.

Rustydog

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:53:13 pm »
I am another user of both on every flight and the interaction is already good. Any further interaction between the two can only be a good thing for both products. I look forward to any further development along these lines. Keep up the great work you do both here and at FSCaptain. Happy new year to you all. Kindest regards Steve.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 02:14:12 pm »
"My guess is they would need to publish two more LVARs to have us know the status of their parking distances - I would think of them as "Distance To Parking" and "Offset From Parking"."  This came from Travis, one of the principles at FSCaptain.

Well, that wouldn't be a problem for us to add. They (and every other developer) are always welcome to contact us if they need anything to interface with GSX.

Noel

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 07:19:14 pm »
Great, thank you I will pass it on to their dev team ;o)

Cheers n keep up the awesome work!