Author Topic: Orbx KMRY - GSX thinks it's KMRZ **SOLVED**  (Read 2136 times)

somiller

Orbx KMRY - GSX thinks it's KMRZ **SOLVED**
« on: January 09, 2018, 05:34:30 am »
When parked at any gate at Orbx KMRY, when I bring up the GSX menu to board passengers, GSX thinks I'm at KRMZ. Instead of showing the GSX ground services options, it only offers parking positions at KMRZ.

I have found other threads, such as: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11770.0.html
but it is a thread from March 2015, so I didn't know if the work-a-round from that thread is applicable.

I checked GSX customization menu, and it is indeed using the KMRZ BGL, shown in the image below.

Regards,
Steven Miller

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:42:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Orbx KMRY - GSX thinks it's KMRZ
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:05 pm »
When parked at any gate at Orbx KMRY, when I bring up the GSX menu to board passengers, GSX thinks I'm at KRMZ. Instead of showing the GSX ground services options, it only offers parking positions at KMRZ.

The thread you linked shows the proper solution (use the airport_visibility command), the only difference is that now it's officially explained in the GSX manual too, at Page 24.

somiller

Re: Orbx KMRY - GSX thinks it's KMRZ
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:58:40 pm »
Now that I've looked at the GSX manual, I see that this situation is indeed addressed.

I made the edit for KRMZ, set it's visibility to 0.3, and now GSX uses KMRY BGL for KMRY gate areas - so all is well now. I tried 0.4, but evidently KMRY gates are within a 0.4 mile radius of KMRZ, so 0.4 didn't work.

Thanks for helping me.
Steven Miller
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:02:34 pm by somiller »