Author Topic: Transparent Buildings - Geneva and Zurich **SOLVED**  (Read 2032 times)

Selkan

Transparent Buildings - Geneva and Zurich **SOLVED**
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:03:01 pm »
Hi, I have recently updated my GSX to latest build. (the one with the update short cut now on desktop).  I have FSD Geneva and Zurich (which I have not visited recently) but today started a flight at Geneva, and I had transparent buildings.  I had jetways, but nothing else.  I had a check at Zurich, and that was the same. (both products being from FSD).

I have two Addon Managers listed within FSX; one appears not to be doing anything, but the other states that Geneva is installed but not activated in Scenery Library.  I tried raising the priority right up - no good.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled.  FSX did its thing rebuilding scenery, but again no buildings.

All other scenery appears to working fine, so I am assuming that my GSX update has upset something - any thoughts please.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:04:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Transparent Buildings - Geneva and Zurich
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:52:11 am »
I have two Addon Managers listed within FSX

This because you installed something using an old FSDT installer (one that uses to install into the sim folder) after having installed something using a new installer (that installs outside the sim folder) and you installed the old stuff AFTER the new FSDT installer migrated all your files to the new folders.

Basically, installing a new FSDT installer AFTER you installed something using an old installer, it's OK, since the new installer will move whatever needs to be moved into the new locations.

But doing the opposite (installing with an old installer on top of a new one), will never work and result in two Addon Manager, and of course there's nothing we can do about this, since we cannot retroactively change old installers you already downloaded,  and those do not know anything about the new installation folders.

Try to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since it should be able to clean up all the things installed using the old installer and remove the double Addon Manager.

If that doesn't work (it should), uninstall *everything* from FSDT, reply YES to the questions about removing the Addon Manager, and reinstall everything using ONLY the CURRENT INSTALLERS.

Selkan

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:07:55 am »
Hi Virtuali, thanks for quick response.  I will try all you say and report back when I can; probably a couple of days.

In the mean time a Very Happy New Year.

Selkan

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:51:26 pm »
Reporting back.  Tried the Addon Manager, but that did not work.  I think it did remove the second AM, but did not restore scenery etc.

So, I did as you said, removed my Geneva, Zurich scenery and my GSX.  Reinstalled each in turn and tested between each new install, and all is back and working.

Many thanks, and again a very HNY to one and all.