Author Topic: CANNOT CUSTOMIZE AIRPORT / HEAVY GATES  (Read 3331 times)

rabulafia

CANNOT CUSTOMIZE AIRPORT / HEAVY GATES
« on: January 02, 2018, 03:01:44 pm »
Hello Good evening

I am trying to customize SAEZ (Argentina Airport) Gates and Parking in SAEZ Airport and, althought I have some Parkings and Gates as HEAVY, I cannot use GSX for B777 & B747, appears the anoying message of parking slot to SMALL.

Please help with that?

Thanks in advanced

RA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CANNOT CUSTOMIZE AIRPORT / HEAVY GATES
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 03:18:31 pm »
althought I have some Parkings and Gates as HEAVY, I cannot use GSX for B777 & B747, appears the anoying message of parking slot to SMALL.

This has been discussed many times on the forum, the "heavy" designation it's just a label. The scenery developer can use it on any parking, and nothing stops him to make a parking with a radius of 5 mt. and call it "heavy".

GSX only uses the radius, and compares it against your wingspan, so it will consider the parking to be too small if the wings don't fit in it.

Sometimes, there might be reasons why the scenery developer set a smaller size, for example to prevent clashes with jetways from nearby parkings. So there might be enough "physical" space to park the airplane, but the radius in the AFCAD it's smaller then it really is.

In these cases, you can use the "customize parking position" option in GSX, to override the radius in the AFCAD. The little "airplane" icon on the editor page will automatically set the parking radius to the wingspan of the currently selected airplane.

rabulafia

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:32:34 pm »
Hello and thanks for the quick response.

Have I already customized the parking position and stills appears that message; indeed that Parking Slot (In reality) is set for Heavy Airplanes. Any work arround I can use and bypass that message?

The issue arise when I land always in SAEZ the Heavy Spots are always busy.

Thanks for the help

R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 03:41:35 pm »
Have I already customized the parking position and stills appears that message; indeed that Parking Slot (In reality) is set for Heavy Airplanes.

If you are still seeing that message, it means you haven't customized it correctly for that airplane. As I've said, the airplane icon will automatically take the correct wingspan for the airplane *currently* loaded.

Any work arround I can use and bypass that message?

No workarounds are required, since the proper method, which is to set the parking max wingspan to be enough for the airplane in use, in the parking, works just fine.

rabulafia

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 07:51:17 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the help: I do I currently change de Airplane Wingspan in order to get the SPOT accept Heavy Aircrafts?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 03:55:21 pm »
Thanks for the help: I do I currently change de Airplane Wingspan in order to get the SPOT accept Heavy Aircrafts?

As explained on the GSX manual, and in my previous reply: by customizing the parking positions you want to change, and setting a larger maximum wingspan. The little airplane icon can be used to automatically set the right wingspan for the airplane currently loaded.