Author Topic: Unable to customize 3rd Party Parking Positions  (Read 2342 times)

airbumps

Unable to customize 3rd Party Parking Positions
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:57:14 am »
Hi,
I created this topic: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14507.0.html   last year however the problem remains on a new PC and new installation of P3D V4.1 instead of V3 when this problem started.

I've tried the suggestions in that threat with no result.

Problem remains the same. I can customize default airports but not anything from a 3rd party. On this new build I've tried Aerosofts EGLL Professional, FlightBeams KSFOHD, DR KJFK & FSDT KLAX.

Problem remains the same: I can open the Customize Screen and make changes. When I press  X to close the window however the window disappears and I'm left with a blank (BLACK) P3D screen that appears to have hung. I have to END TASK for P3D.

Given the customize works for all default airports and not for 3rd party I thought I might be able to track down what is causing this but I've had no luck.

I've attached my COUTL.LOG (which I've had to rename as .DOC because the forums won't allow me to upload a .LOG file) file if that is of any value.  I don't see anything in there that might help me with the problem. In this particular log file I loaded the sim at KLAX, Gate 110 and tried to Customize the parking. I made no changes and closed the customize screen. P3D screen was black and I was forced to END TASK via Task Manager to return to desktop.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to customize 3rd Party Parking Positions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:39:51 pm »
I've attached my COUTL.LOG (which I've had to rename as .DOC because the forums won't allow me to upload a .LOG file) file if that is of any value.  I don't see anything in there that might help me with the problem. In this particular log file I loaded the sim at KLAX, Gate 110 and tried to Customize the parking. I made no changes and closed the customize screen. P3D screen was black and I was forced to END TASK via Task Manager to return to desktop.

Your log doesn't show any errors. I'm sorry but, as you can see, even after one year, you are still the only one that ever reported this so far. The only suggestions I can give, are the same of the ones I suggested last year, to clear all your preferences and reinstall.

Also, see if there's any difference if you put sim in Windowed mode before editing the parking.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:26:27 pm by virtuali »

airbumps

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:21:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto.

I'm really at a loss to understand what it might be. I realise nobody else seems to have having the issue so it's clearly something unique to my system, but this issue has occurred accross two different PC builds and two different versions of P3D. I just can't see what the common thread is. The only things that I have installed on my computer are custom sceneries....

Tried in both windows and full screen mode - same result. Just strange its fine for default but not for and 3rd party addons.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 09:50:06 am »
Just strange its fine for default but not for and 3rd party addons.

This doesn't make sense. GSX doesn't know if an airport it's "default" or "3rd party". For it, an AFCAD it's an AFCAD so, unless all your 3rd party AFCAD have strange errors, it should't make any difference when customizing for GSX.

Are you sure you cannot customize all 3rd party airports and not, instead, you cannot customize *some* 3rd party airports ?